- advertisement -

Tyler is on a mission

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by kiwimum, Apr 13, 2010.

1. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

And no, it's not to annoy us as much as possible - this time!

He has bought himself a huge jar and some beads. For the next year, every time he boluses, finger pricks, does a site change or goes to an endo appt, he is going to pop a bead into the jar.
    At the end of the year, we are going to have the exciting :)rolleyes:) task of counting all the beads. Be interesting to see what the final figure is going to be.

Goodness knows what he is going to do with them at the end of the year. Perhaps he may find a way to use them to highlight D to people.
    (Or knowing Tyler, he will make them into some Ninja weapon!:cool:)

2. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

That is awesome! Good for him, and good luck! I say take picture and certain time periods and watch that jar grow. If you have a :D, start a group and watch the membership group, Good luck! :D

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Yes, take pictures.

You could go on Facebook and make a group with a meter thing to show his "progress".:eek::D

4. shekov

shekov Approved members

I like his idea. You should string them and see how long it ends up being. I might copy his idea.:D

5. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

Thanks guys.

As for your suggestions involving techno stuff - HELLO!!! Blonde here!

And Sherry, please do join him. He really really wanted to post on the teens forums a few weeks ago and ask them to join him but he felt a bit silly. (for a bit of background, the tv here in NZ runs an ad campaign for children with cancer and they get a bead for every procedure involving their cancer. Tyler thought it would be good to do the same for D)

The more the merrier! Please feel free to do your own bead jars and maybe at the end of the year we can post piccies of it on here.

6. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

I know of someone (it might actually be someone on here, forgive me if it is!) who has a jar and every time she tests she puts the test strip in the jar. She has a huge collection now.

7. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Perhaps he can string them, and every 10'th bead is black (or red) It will make counting much easier at the end. I think the bead jar is a terrific idea!

8. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Cool idea!

9. bisous

bisous Approved members

Wow. That will be so impressive visually!