- advertisement -

Tyler can be so Embarrassing!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by kiwimum, Feb 1, 2010.

1. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

I just had to share what an embarrassment Tyler can be to his dad and I!

We have recently moved from one end of the North Island of NZ to the other. Got told on 4th Dec and since school finished for our summer holidays on 10th Dec, we made a rushed trip to our new location to sort out a school for the boys.

Sam flew through the interview with the principal and made a good impression. Tyler, on the other hand, was an entirely different story! He definitely left an impression, although I am not sure it was so good.

The principle asked him what he wanted to do when he leaves school in 4 yrs time. His reply was as follows......

"I really want to be a Ninja, but since my parents didn't move to Japan when I was 4 so I could attend Ninja school, I guess being a Ninja isn't going to happen!"

The principal's face was a picture while he sat for a few minutes and took in what he had just heard.:eek: Carl and I looked at the floor and went all shades of red. We couldn't believe he told him that!:eek::eek:

The worrying thing is, Tyler is totally serious. His days are spent in the back yard practicing Ninja moves and he has now announced that if he has a daughter, she is going to be called Ninjetta!:eek:

HELP ME!!!!:eek::eek:

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is hilarious!!

Sorry for the embarrassement.

He is ambitious though!

And yes, I mispelled embarrassement...I think.

3. buggle

buggle Approved members

Go Tyler! :)

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Hahhaaaaa...BOYS!!! When my oldest son was this age (hes now 17) he wanted to be an astronaut and wore a space helmit around the neighborhood..it was so funny!!! I love how particularly boys go through the fireman, astronaut, NINJA phase...:)

5. Lee

Lee Approved members

Well, to this day Jess wants to be a super secret agent spy...to the point of rolling across the floor and hiding behind the furniture!

6. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

But he is now 14!! And he is so serious, it is un-nerving! (He also has a plan for when zombies invade - not IF but WHEN!) At least he keeps us laughing, I suppose! :rolleyes:

I can see some serious therapy in his future cause I sure as hell ain't having a granddaughter called Ninjetta!:(
    And of course, as we have pointed out, wearing his pump with a skin tight ninja suit will be a problem. Where would he put it? I have one place in mind but I am sure it would prove to be uncomfortable and wouldn't be a good look if it slipped out while doing a ninja kick!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  7. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

When our boys were younger and much smaller than they are now, I would lay on the floor near the couch and they would take turns jumping on top of me and I would pick them up and throw them on the couch. They'd get back on their feet and want me to do it again over and over, we basically had a lot of fun and me and the boys called it "getting beat up".

Well you should've seen the looks I got during a parent/teachers conference when Justin with a smile from ear to ear said to the teacher "yeah, my dad beats me and my brother up all the time AND IT'S FUN". :eek:

8. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Sorry, Debs, there is no cure for the teenaged boy. I'm convinced of it.

9. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Too funny!

10. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

Hilarious!!!!

11. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Rest assured that when your boy get married, no matter how in love with him his wife will be, no way no how will she go for Ninjetta.:p

12. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

LOL!!! As I read it, I kept thinking my nephew is the same way.....decides on a career and gets really into it....tells everyone he is 'Firefighter Adam' or 'the hotel man'. BUT Adam is 5!!! LOL

Yes, I would have been embarrassed too!!!!

13. zakksmom

zakksmom Approved members

Luv it luv it luv it- thanks for making my day!!! Ninja see Ninja do.. I say let'em dream..

14. shekov

shekov Approved members

This made me laugh for the first time all day. Thank you so much for sharing. You always seem to have just the right thing to say at just the time. You are awesome!

15. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

That is too funny!

16. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

Too funny! Bless your hearts!

17. lynn

lynn Approved members

Perfect!! He might as well let the principal know up-front what he is getting into!:D

Seriously--he sounds very much like my 15 year old son. There have been many occasions that I have been relieved to be homeschoolers. Life is never boring with Daniel in it.

18. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Ok ... what shows more imagination, limitless thinking, and self determination? Saying he wants to be a "ninja" or a "lawyer" or "marine biologist" ??? Most kids claim to want to be something which they believe the adults around them value - your son wants his career to be more than a job - he wants a full fledged adult persona - three cheers for him!

And fwiw - 14 may look pretty grown up - but it ain't ;) give him time, he'll make you proud:cwds:

19. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

ROTFLMAO! Oh, Debs, thanks. I really needed that laugh. Now, I don't feel so bad when Mike goes on and on about becoming a Pokemon trainer. :D

20. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

we thought he was cute!! ;)