- advertisement -

Two Years (or close to it)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sszyszkiewicz, Nov 24, 2015.

1. sszyszkiewicz

sszyszkiewicz Approved members

I will always remember DS's diagnosis date in relative terms. It was two days before Thanksgiving. So today is in my mind the day we were born into the world of T1D. The call came. We scooped him up. Hospital number 1. A special ambulance. Hospital #2. Tubes. Tests. Ivs. Tests. Injections. Tests. Less tubes. Real food. Basic training. They threw us out of the hospital on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Fast forward two years. This was our trace from last night. No alarms. Nice and steady. 8 hours of sleep. 2 years ago life was upended. Today I have that interloper Mr T1D by the back of the neck and I will not let him do any further harm to my child.

So to all of you newly diagnosed parents out there, you can do this.

Thanks everyone for posting questions and answers to these boards. Drip drip drip. I learned tons here.

Attached Files:

2. DiabetesMama

DiabetesMama Approved members

Wow! Great job on the steady nights! It DOES get easier, just not easy, huh? That's a beautiful graph! Congratulations! We always remember our diagnosis too. Our was 2 days before the 4th of July. I just stop and remember where we were and where we are now and I am so grateful how things have become so normal for us. Can't believe how crazy it is right after diagnosis. But it does get better. Keep up the great work!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  3. andiej

andiej Approved members

Wow Jealous of the steady night. Great to see such a positive post, we are also coming up to 2 years, on Xmas eve to be precise. When I look back I'm so grateful to have the tools we now use that make day to day living so much easier. Plus I've learnt so much about life, and cherish my kids and family all the more.

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Congrats on two years of kicking T1D's sorry butt!

5. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

Beautiful graph! I'm jealous of the sleep you must have gotten!

6. msschiel

msschiel Approved members

We just passed two years in October, so I am right there with you. That is a beautiful graph. We just started pumping, so everything feels almost like diagnosis again. Treatment as come so far in recent years.

7. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

This post brought up some old memories.

Our two years is coming up too, Dec 4th. But it was over Thanksgiving holiday that we finally realized that something is wrong. We drove down to Los Angeles, and had to make a number of stops to look for gas stations for my daughter to pee. We were at Huntington Beach with family, my baby just wasn't her old self.

8. kail

kail Approved members

Our 2 year anniversary was 2 days ago-which was the Monday before Thanksgiving when she was diagnosed. I can't say I'm feeling quite as strong as you but we are hanging in there. I admit it was a depressing day although I am trying not to dwell on it.