- advertisement -

Two kids with diabetes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by idahomom, May 29, 2008.

1. idahomom

idahomom New Member

Hello,
    My name is Julie. I am the mother of four, and two of my children were diagnosed these past five months. My son Benjamin 13 in December, and my daughter Greer just last week. She is eight. I was just learning to deal, and cope , and getting the hang of Benjamins diabetes, and then another blow. I think I am still in shock. The kids are doing really well, and thankful that they are thriving. It has not changed them a bit. I just wanted to say hi, I just found you all. I will read, and learn from all of you!.Thanks, it is nice not to go through this alone.

Take care, Julie

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. coni

coni Approved members

Oh my goodness! That's a lot to handle in a short period of time. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Welcome, and I am truly sorry. CWD is a great (the best, in my opinion) source of support and information. Glad you found it.

3. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Wow that is alot to handle in a short period of time, but this place CWD is AWSOME. Great people with good information and support. Im sorry you have to be here but glad you found it like all of us are so lucky to have each other here.

4. jwk's mom

jwk's mom Approved members

Hi Julie
    Welcome

5. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Welcome. Boy you have a lot on your plate. I think you will find a few families here in the same boat that will be a lot of support.

6. blessed

blessed Approved members

lots to learn, but you are with a great group of people

WOW, that would be overwhelming. I hope you find this group as valueable as I have. Take care and never feel funny asking a question you may think is "dumb". Lots of caring and kind friends here! WELCOME!!!

7. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

I am so sorry about the two diagnoses, but I'm glad they are taking it well.

Welcome to the forums:)

8. Scotty's Mum

Scotty's Mum Approved members

Hi Julie. You have had a lot to take on board in the last few months. You have found a great place here for support, questions and venting, and there are a few others here with more than one child with D. Welcome.

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi Julie,

I am so sorry about Benjamin's and Greer's dx...it must feel so overwhelming!
    Welcome to the forums. You'll find so many wise, knowledgeable and caring people here.

((HUGS))

10. musicjunkie

musicjunkie Approved members

Wow...I'm sorry to here of one but two(((hugs)))
    You've found the best place to be and that's here :)...if you read some of the other peoples signatures you'll find a few with more than one D :cwds:

11. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

Welcome. We have several members here who have at least 2 children with D.

Badshoe
    MaryLou
    Skimom

Those are the ones who come to mind immediately. Hope you check in often!

12. Taocat

Taocat Approved members

:cwds:

What part of Idaho do you live in?

We live in Clarkston, WA right next to Lewiston, ID.

Our granddaughter Kylee Ann was dxd 2 years ago. She lives in Helena, MT now.

I was hoping you may be close to us.

It was very hard for our family in the beginning but with time it became a "new normal" for us.

Thanks

Donna

13. THE LARA'S

THE LARA'S Approved members

Julie welcome....It is amazing how the kids continue on just like any other day, I think there stronger than us sometimes...;)

We are expecting our 2nd child wondering if she also will be a T1.......

welcome and see you around.....:)

Josh

14. Pam H

Pam H Approved members

Wow! That's a lot to deal with! Im sorry. I hope that you are learning a lot and are getting things well in hand.

15. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Hello Julie, my name is Richard and I have been Type 1 for 62 years. I am happy to say I have only a few very minor complications. Some people are able to avoid serious complications with their diabetes for a long period of time by using very strict control. With the technology available in the modern era you should have the opportunity of keeping your children under good control and they will have a much better chance of enjoying long, healthy lives without serious complications. Good luck to you and your family!

Richard

16. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Welcome!! I'm happy to hear the kids are doing well. It must be difficult. I'm glad you found this wonderful place.

17. Nova

Nova Approved members

Welcome! I also have 2 that have diabetes. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to talk.

My oldest has had D for 14 years now. So it really wasn't too much of a shock when they said my other son had it also. I didn't really word that right, it was a shock, but not horrible. Since we already had a few years of experience under our belts.

18. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Welcome Julie..This is the best thing I have found since my daughters diagnosis..the parents here are amazing!! Please come over to the parents side when you have a chance..Sorry you have to be here, but happy that you found us..Its nice to meet you.