advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tweaking Freestyle Libre from mmol/l to mg/dl

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Pavlos, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

Hi folks, I just received a Freestyle Libre starter kit I bought from Ebay - it cost me an arm and a leg (it is not available in my country yet, and arbitrageurs are making a killing) but I feel it will make my daughter's life much easier!

The reader I bought has UK settings, i.e. mmol/l to which my daughter is unaccustomed to. Do any of you out there know how to change the settings to mg/dl?

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  2. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

If you can't figure out how to change it on the actual device. If your daughter has a calculator all she has to do is multiply the MMOL number by 18. So if the MMOL says 5.5. you'd do 5.5x18=99

3. Pavlos

Pavlos Approved members

Thanks, my daughter did just that.

BTW she loves her Libre, the only problem is that the sensor does not stick very well and she had to tape it into place.

4. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

There is a Night scout app for Libre and I think it will convert and display in mg/dl.

5. Amathieson

Amathieson New Member

Can help you! I have an mg/dl reader for you

We just ordered a starter kit and got an mg/dl reader by mistake. We need a mmol reader. Perhaps we can swap? Email me at info at lifeandtimes dot ca. Alice