- advertisement -

trip to the US

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by katerinas, Dec 9, 2014.

1. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

Hi my son is flying with his team and waterski coach to the States . He will be in Miami for 15 days. It is his first time that a. he is visitting the US b. staying 15 days away from home. As you can imagine I am stressed! Any advice? Things I need to know? Anybody Near by??

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

That's sounds so exciting for him! and stressful for you! Since you dexcom, would you consider hooking up the "in the cloud" set-up for the trip? I think I would, in your shoes.

Obviously he'll need an adaptor for charging things and I'd pack tons of supplies and do it in two separate kits so that if one gets lost he will have what he needs. Hope the coach is good with D stuff and trained on glucagon and treating lows.

I hope someone in the area chimes in, it's always good to have someone local who gets it. :)

3. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

Agree^^^

Night scout it if you can. He will have a blast and I'm sure his team will watch out for him

4. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

thanks! I never thought about the adaptor! I am not sure we can use nightscout but I will sure give it a try! His coach knows but I thiunk we need to go over a few things like glucagon. My stress level is starting to rise just by writting about it. The only thing that I look forward is that I will Sleeeeep!