- advertisement -

Tricare and OmniPod

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Apr 15, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Has anyone who has Tricare managed to get the OmniPod?

Since my husband is retired Navy, I know that for DME supplies they pay 80% and we will have to pay the 20% co-pays..

Kelton and I both got our demo OmniPods yesterday and Kelton has told me that if the Endo wants him on the pump that the OmniPod is the only one he will consider. He does not want one with tubing.

I myself like the OmniPod, but I do not mind tubing hanging off of me. I have also been wearing an infusion set for a few days to see what it would be like.

I can always use Kelton's Cozmo that has been in the closet for over a year now.

Or I can stick to MDI to not have so many co-pays..

I should mention that we are in the TriWest region.

2. twodoor2

twodoor2 Approved members

I think Czardoust is trying to get an omnipod using Tricare. She mentioned she had Tricare on one of the posts today.

3. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

Tricare - North Region - have the Omnipod

4. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Okay good to know..Kelton and I both have an Endo appointment this Friday, and if Kelton's A1c is not down then the Endo will want him on the pump, which I understand.

I am sure my A1c will no longer be 5.5 like it was a few months ago:rolleyes:

Our Endo is pro-pump, so getting him to start the process will not be a problem.

5. Mom2Madi

Mom2Madi Guest

Tri-Care South representated here - our endo told us to pick any pump we wanted. He'd write the script and Tri-Care would approve it. We wanted the Omni-Pod as well but at that time they didn't have them in our area. Tri-Care has been great for us - with anything we've asked for.