- advertisement -

Treats are another story....Advice please?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 2' started by MomtoPatience, Oct 2, 2010.

1. MomtoPatience

MomtoPatience Approved members

My question is how do you explain to your other children who do not have a insulin issue they need to be more mindful with snack choices
    for the other one who may have a problem?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. WhoDat

WhoDat Approved members

Why not just buy things that everyone can have so no one feels left out?

3. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I agree ... in our house ... it is not about eating like a "diabetic" ... it is about eating healthy choices that are best for ALL of us ... so no one feels excluded.

Lisa

4. MomtoPatience

Thank you Ladies,

Well its like this my other two childrren are 11 and 16. Everything Is pretty healthy in our home. Fruits, nuts, whole wheat, proteins,veggies.
    And we do things like make sugar free products for everyone. As a treat.
    To be honest I do not believe we even go down the middle aisles in the store.

But there will be times the 16 year old and 11 year old will say hey mom can i have a small bag of chips in the store.
    I havent had them in sooo long.
    To replace the chips i make them air popped popcorn or buy veggie chips.

The older kids do not have a weight issue or insulin issue. I guess i just feel so bad for them giving up for their sister. But then again i hate to let her see them eat it.
    I wanted to make sure i am not the only parent who feels this sadness. They are pretty healthy. But when the 16 year old has friends over of course he will not say hey guys you want some veggie chips.
    Just wanted to make sure I am not alone in feeling torn.

5. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

I'm sorry, I've deleted my posts here, I was in the wrong forum. I always just check "new posts" and sometimes wind up where I don't belong! :p:eek: Thanks for putting up with me!

6. MomtoPatience

Thanks for the help, I think in one way or another we are all connected.
    (of course in saying that realizing my problem isnt as complicated) thank you