- advertisement -

Travilng to Ireland with CD

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by SarahKelly, Aug 29, 2014.

1. SarahKelly

SarahKelly Approved members

My family went to Ireland this summer and I wanted to share with all of you t1d and celiac disease families that the CD part was easy peasy there. We found so many restaurants that knew how to safely prepare tasty GF food that I almost didn't want to come back. We found very inexpensive delicious GF bread, rolls, cookies and other yummies at every grocery store. It was an incredible trip and needing to be GF never made an issue. We were thankful indeed!

2. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

That's great to know. Thanks for sharing.

We went to the Big Island and Maui this past summer with our T1D and CD child, and eating GF on these islands have been easy for us too. Many restaurants featured GF menu, the staffs were knowledgeable, and very accommodating. Especially Maui, we had lots of choices, and DD considered it celiac heaven. We easily found GF bread and treats at some grocery stores.

We are planning a trip to Europe next summer, so hearing about the ease of travel with CD is very comforting. Thanks again.