- advertisement -

Traveling with insulin

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kledi, Jun 22, 2016.

1. kledi

kledi Approved members

Sorry if this question has been asked before but i really need ur help. I have to travel by car with 2 months suplie insulin ( i dont trust to buy insulin in the country im going to stay ). It's going to take us 2 days to go there with hotel staying during the night. This was not a planed trip so buying a mini car fridge its not an option because we cant find it here in Finland . We can only buy this here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...qid=1466602635&sr=8-1&keywords=icool+medicube . Please give me any sugestion as this is our first time traveling since diagnosis and what do u think about that bag . Thanks in advance

2. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

I think that bag looks like it would be fine. Specifically made for temperature sensitive medicine. The frio pacs works well for this purpose too. Don't forget & leave the bag with insulin in a hot car.

3. sparty87

sparty87 Approved members

For a 2-3 day trip, a large cooler filled with gallon jugs (2-3) of ice have always worked for us. We've left the cooler in the trunk during excursions without issues. Just check on the ice periodically.

4. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

Just be mindful of not accidentally freezing your insulin!