- advertisement -

Transmitter replacement on CGM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sportster, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Sportster

Sportster Approved members

My time for replacing the Transmitter is getting close. It will be one year in November. I would really like to replace it before the end of the year because I will have met my HIGH ($3000) deductible. Does the battery have to be out before they will replace it? Do I have to wait a full year? I'm praying that my insurance will allow another year of use.

2. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I think the warranty on the transmitter is only 6 months, so they should replace it.

3. Sportster

So, do you think I can replace it even if the battery hasn't gone out yet???

4. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

Yes, brensdad is correct. We get new ones every 6 months.

5. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

Do you just request a new one? I am curious on how this works as we will be hitting 6 months in 2 months.

6. Sportster

You get a new Transmitter every 6 months weather or not the battery is dead???? Hmmm....I guess I need to call Medtronics and get the ball rolling.

7. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

I just called to check because one of ours was acting "funky" and they told me our insurance covers one transmitter per child every 6 months and Minimed handled the rest. So, I reorder when I can. It's always nice to have a backup because we really rely on the sensors to help at school.