- advertisement -

Training day at school for staff

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by sarahmom, Jan 4, 2007.

1. sarahmom

sarahmom Approved members

Hi all. On January 19th my daughters school is having an "in house training day" Just for the teachers and staff and pupils have day off, this is so that we can have a comprehensive full day of training about Sarah's diabetes as she has just started school this year and has a newly appointed nurse/special needs assistant. There is a total of 7 staff and I have arranged for a minimed pump Rep to visit, someone from our Irish Diabetes Federation and our local Doctor on how to use a Glucogon injection, ect ect to visit and provide training and answer questions.
    I too will be involved and be giving a presentation on everything else that isnt covered by the other speakers and it is up to I to work out who will cover what..... Anyway my question is does anyone have any ideas, advice, websites, articles, presentations, videos, charts, info they have done up themselves that you might like to share with me to help meput something together..... Thankyou in advance for your help on this.:)

2. Momto4

Momto4 Approved members

Ellen had some great links to charts we used at my daughter's school that show the symptoms of low and high blood sugar. I will see if I can't find those in past posts for you. Sounds like your school is doing a great job of getting prepared!

3. sarahmom

sarahmom Approved members

staff training

Thanks for that, I shall look on old posts as well to see what I can find.
    :)