- advertisement -

Trade Ya...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lil'Man'sMom, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

any of the below meters
    • FreeStyle Lite (never used)
    • Accu-Chek Aviva w/Multiclik (used 50 times)
    • One Touch UltraMini (used 10 times)
    for a
    • Accu-Chek Compact Plus (preferably newest black model)

2. linda

linda Approved members

Just curious, have you tried to call the company? They usually send meters FREE, its the strips you have to get through script from mail order or pharmacy...(or the d-bay...lol...):cwds:We have a bunch that co not sure "plus" will check...

3. Mom to S&S

Mom to S&S Approved members

I don't need any of the things on your list, but I have one I'd be happy to send you. It's never been used, but it is silver and blue not black. I would guess it is about a year old. PM me your address if you want me to send it.

4. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I would call Accu Chek and ask them to send you one. I got one for myself and they sent it with an additional box of drums, so I had a total of 4 drums of 17 strips each to try it out and I really like the Compact, it is very easy to carry in my purse, no additional stuff needed it is all there.

I also called and got one sent to my neice and my cousin that are also diabetic.

5. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Thanks...we already received our free one. My insurance company requested it for me after they told me I had to meet our deductible before we could get one under durable medical. We need a new one for school too, the one there is on it's last leg.

6. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

Tell them you need one for school, I bet they would still sent an extra.
    Accu chek has really great customer service, it cant hurt to try.

7. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

You should be able to get one with every 100 strips purchased, the only meter I can think of that doesn't work with that is the contour link. I had to get medtronic to send me a 2nd one so I had a spare.
    My other meter, I have multiples of.

8. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

how do you get a free one with every 100 strips ...is there a coupon or something

9. cwdAdmin

cwdAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Caution: Sharing Supplies

Just a gentle reminder that Children with Diabetes encourages customers to share experiences, yet safety is a top concern when it comes to--especially children--using second-hand supplies.

Please note that most diabetes supplies are date and/or temperature sensitive, and are usually pharmaceutical or medical device products.

If you are considering sharing diabetes supplies, please check expiration dates, ask about storage and shipping arrangements along with the completeness of any product you receive (manuals, accessories), and test products to ensure they are working properly.

Be safe out there! :cwds:

10. Hockeygirl

Hockeygirl Approved members

I was able to get 4 of them free. Just call them they are very helpful! Andthey are the black ones!

11. Meghan'smom

Meghan'smom Approved members

Also just to let you know when I was at walmart for the blood ketone meter I saw the compact plus meter and it was $18.88. I don't know what it is with Walmart but all their meters are less than $20.00. Which is great if you need extra ones :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.