- advertisement -

Trade Precision Ketone Strips for Aviva Strips

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Jan 19, 2011.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

I got screwed out of 700 test strips by CVS yesterday so am trying to get some more.
    Our insurance switched us from OT to Aviva and since I like the Aviva better anyway, I decided not to fight to use OT strips in his Ping remote. I also made the decision to go ahead and switch to Aviva if I could. I called CVS and told them I had 7 boxes of OT strips and asked if I could switch them to Aviva. They said I could, and I brought them in. They did a refund through the insurance and then attempted to fill a ONE MONTH SUPPLY (3 boxes) in exchange for the SEVEN boxes I had given them! Argh!!
    And of course, that wouldn't work because I had just filled my first Aviva scrip at Publix.
    So I tell them, "Hey, I didn't want just one month in exchange for this 2 1/2 months of boxes, I wanted one on one swap." (which of course is what I had told them before they started this "exchange" that ended up being just a "screw the customer moment")
    But now it's too late, they have refunded the insurance company for them and they can't even give back the OT strips I gave them.

So I walked in the CVS with 7 boxes of OT strips and walked out with ***Nothing*** we have lost our "cushion" of strips. :mad::eek::(

We now have three boxes of Aviva strips from this months fill and one unopened box of OT strips.

If anyone wants to trade, I have the one box of OT strips and also have several boxes of expired Precision Ketone strips. (all you have to do is set back the date on your Precision meter and they work fine). I also have one or two unexpired boxes of Ketone strips. I'm trying to get Aviva strips :)

I could also trade insets 6mm 43" tubing - I have extra of those as well.

PM me if you want to trade!

2. CWD Moderator

CWD Moderator Moderator

Just a reminder that, in the US, insulin pump infusion sets (insets in this case) require a prescription and it's illegal to buy, sell or share prescription products without an appropriate prescription or license. Remember that you should only purchase your prescription products from a reliable, licensed outlet.