- advertisement -

Tornado destroyed my home

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by momtoirishtwins, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

OMG!! How scary for all of you. Thank God you are all OK. You had an angel on your shoulder. :)

2. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

All I can say is WOW. So glad you made it through, and you are so lucky to have family support nearby. As others have said, if there is anything we can do to help: supplies, etc, please don't hesitate to ask.

3. Our3girls

Our3girls Approved members

Oh my your strength and motherly instinct is admirable. I just sobbed reading your post. My heart feels heavy for your family and all those that have been affected. If you need anything please let us know. I have a stock of extra one touch strips if you need any. I also have Sure-t's that my daughter does not like so I would be happy to send them your way.

4. MamaTuTu

MamaTuTu Approved members

Thank God you and your family is "OK" How scary for all of you. I cant imagine how terrifying that must have been....

5. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

I am so sorry for your tremendous loss, but so glad you are all safe and healthy. My boys are 7 and 8, and we have quite a lot of little boys' clothing we can get to you if needed. If you do, feel free to PM me an address where they can be sent--will be more than happy to do so.

Prayers and thoughts to you, your family, and your community as you recover and rebuild.

6. lakevictoria

lakevictoria Approved members

Praise to our King Jesus who kept you all safe! If you feel comfortable posting your address, we'd love to send you some items. We'll continue to pray for God's providence through every step of this new and difficult journey for you all!!

7. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Oh dear Lord!:eek: Alissa, Im so thankful that you are all ok. I have been in tears after hearing about the devestation in Joplin:( I am praying for everyone in your town

8. zoohouse3

zoohouse3 Approved members

I am so thankful that your family is ok and you have somewhere to stay. Thank God no one was hurt.

I'm in Texas (where we are also having tornoado warnings, etc.) and want to help you in any way I can. Post anything you need!

9. Teacups

Teacups Approved members

I am so sorry for the loss suffered by the families in Joplin. Your story was gripping and I'm glad your family is safe. My heart goes out to all of who have lost loved ones in all the recent storms/floods. Praying here.

10. kiwimum

kiwimum Approved members

OMG! I was bought to tears reading your story. I can only imagine the panic and terror of going through such a thing.:(

I am truly sorry for the loss of your house, but I am glad you and your family are ok, physically at least. I will be thinking of you and I wish there was more I could do.:(

11. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

So glad you are ok

12. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Alissa, I am so glad that you are all okay. It is just devasting to hear the news from there. If you need anything at all, D supplies, clothes, money, please let us know. I would be happy to help out however I can.

13. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

Oh Alissa, I cannot imagine how terrified you must have been. Thank God you and your family are safe!

14. Lucky 868

Lucky 868 Approved members

How terrifying!! I can't even imagine something like that! So glad your family is safe and you have family nearby to stay with. Please keep everyone updated. Wish you the best in the rebuilding process.

Cyndy
    Mom to N, 17

15. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

What a miracle!!!!!!

I started crying reading what your family has endured. I pray for peace for your family. Please let us know if there is anything you need.

Your calling out to Jesus during the storm...a miracle! I have been taught that there is power in speaking Jesus' Holy name.

The quote below says it beautifully.

"The Holy Name of Jesus is, first of all, an all-powerful prayer. Our Lord Himself solemnly promises that whatever we ask the Father in His Name we shall receive. God never fails to keep His word."

authored: http://www.catholictradition.org/Christ/holy-name.htm#MEAN

16. heamwdevine

heamwdevine Approved members

So glad you're ok. That must've been so horribly scary.

17. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

So glad you are all okay! If you need anything, let us know-I've got a growing boy and a sack of clothes.

18. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

I am so so sorry....

I am in Illinois...if you do need any D supplies or anything...let me know. I am so sorry you all had to live through that.. But thank God you all are ok..

19. momof2greatkids

momof2greatkids Approved members

Your story made me tear up! I can't imagine what it must have been like you! I'm so thankful that you and your family are safe. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

20. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Sorry to hear that you had to go through such scarey stuff.....Lots of prayers to you and the rest of Joplin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.