- advertisement -

Torchwood "D came in handy" WHAT!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by goochgirl, Jul 16, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

So, I love Torchwood and Dr. Who. I was thrilled when Torchwood started again after 2 years of waiting. But last night's show really annoyed me. So, the steward hands over a GINORMOUS syringe and says "I knew diabetes would come in handy one day". Really? How about just handing over a glucagon kit out of the medical supplies and saying, "diabetes emergency kit". Really, I know its all in fun, and it was awfully convenient to have that syringe available for the MacGyver scene, but it could have been done "smarter".

2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Yeah I agree Gooch. I dont ever see anything remotely handy about diabetes:( These script writers should do at least a little bit of research on the subjects before writing it into the script

3. selketine

selketine Approved members

I was on vacation and totally forgot Torchwood started up again - woo hoo!

I don't have Starz though - any idea if you will be able to get it from ITunes? I might have to subscribe to Starz just for that!

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I agree, however it does tend to perpetuate this notion that all of us diabetics are injecting ourselves with HUGE syringes.. which isn't the case.

However I think it would have been MUCH more interesting if all of their mixing of things didn't "save" Jack, but made him worse... I mean they didn't measure ANYTHING that went into that mix, and it worked? Come on - chemistry doesn't work that way!

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Which episode was this? I watched the most recent one over here (Miracle Day Part 1) and this wasn't in it.

I guess I don't object to saying that D came in handy. If (hypothetically) everyone in the world was being wiped out by a disease which we needed syringes to treat, and there was a massive shortage in pharmacies but I had a few because of my D... well, I'd think that D came in handy. I don't know the context it was used in the programme, though, so it might have been worse than that?

6. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

It's from the second episode.

Jack was poisoned with arsenic while on a trans-atlantic flight... so they came up with a "cure" made from items found on the plane... to say it was far-fetched is putting it mildly :)

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Hey, why do we have to wait 3 more days for something you've already seen? That's not fair. :p