- advertisement -

:) Tons of diabetes coincidences today :)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Mom2Deacon, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

I took Deacon to his Kindergarten class today. As many of you know, I posted earlier this week about how Deacon's student teacher is a mother to 2 Type 1 diabetic sons. Her sons also use the Animas Ping. She came up to me when Deacon was settling in and said that her sons kept asking her about Deacon's pump and all about his diabetes. It was pretty funny.

Deacon was originally going to be the first and only diabetic his school was going to have. I learned that a first grader had been diagnosed over the summer from the district nurse a few weeks ago. While I was talking to Deacon's nurses this morning, the mother of the first grader came in. Her daughter was diagnosed with it 6 weeks ago. But the coincidence is that they live around the corner from us! Amazing.

Alex, my new middle schooler, had to do a brown bag speech. He brought in one of Deacon's old test strip containers to show about his family. AS he was talking, a 6th grader in his room mouthed to him, "That's me too." After the speech, his new classmate show him his medic alert bracelet that said Type 1 diabetes.

So today has been full of diabetes coincidences.

--Sara

2. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Key the music to the Twilight show. How weird and cool at the same time!

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

Sounds like quite a day.

I bet that 6th grader was thrilled to hear Alex's speech and know that someone else "gets it".