- advertisement -

toddler with pump

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by Juliann, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Juliann

Juliann Approved members

My son Benson, 19 months old, is getting the pump on Tuesday. I am wondering if anybody has good ideas on how to store the pump on a toddler. Do shirts, waistbands, or pump paks work best? I would love some suggestions!

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/pumps/links.htm

Take a look at the above link. Scroll down to Clothing & Accessories for a list of companies selling pump clothes, pouches, etc.

I think a lot depends on your kid. Mine never touched his pump, never pulled at his site (except by accident), so he's always worn pump pouches (we got ours from Pump Wear Inc. and a couple as gifts). He sleeps with the pouch on. We prefer the double zipper pouches because you can put in towards the side where the site is in (we use the butt). There are also softie belts with velcro closing. It's all a matter of preference though.

There's also the SPIBelt which seems to be snuggiest fitting pouch.

http://www.spibelt.com/kidsbelts.htm

There are shirts with a pump pocket and also harnesses where the pump is on the back. Probably useful for the daytime, but definitely not for sleeping, I would say.

There are pump pouches on ebay and also on etsy.com. Just type in insulin pouch or pump pouch and you'll get quite a few options.

You can also get a small lock for your pouch if you're afraid your kid is going to pay with the pumps. For this it's better to get a double-zipper pouch so you can pass the clock through the zipper "holes".

The pump can also be locked with a code usually.

I think you need to try and see whatever works for you guys.

That's all I can think of.:cwds:

3. Juliann

Juliann Approved members

Thank you! Your advice was very useful!