- advertisement -

Toddler newly diagnosed in N.E. Dallas, TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jovy, Jan 10, 2013.

1. jovy

jovy New Member

Hello. My name is Jovany. My 3 yr old was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes right after thanksgiving. We found out while he was sick. We were admitted to Childrens Hospital, first in ICU for 2 days then the Endo. floor. His blood sugar was 700 when we arrived at the hospital. We were in total shock, no one we know has juvenile diabetes in my or my husbands family. We are learning to deal with it. I am a nurse and know about type 2 but this is new to me. Especially being that its my own son. He is getting back to himself and getting used to all the pokings and pricks. Our Dr suggested this site for support and day to day ideas. Hope to establish some connections here.

2. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

Sorry you had to join a club that no one wants to be a member. I think it is great your Dr pointed this site out though! Nothing like getting advise from parents who have been there, done that! There are many parents of toddlers on this site, feel free to ask any question any time:)

3. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Welcome always seems so...odd. But glad you found this site, it'll help, tons. Being a health professional has its own challenges, so don't be afraid to admit and realize you may be clueless, I've worked with T2 folks for decades and this was all new and crazy for me.

Hope things level out for you. My son was diagnosed as a teen so I have no experience with toddlers but we have lots of parents here who have.