- advertisement -

Today, we are celebrating LIFE!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by brima, Nov 3, 2009.

1. brima

brima Approved members

A year ago, our daughter Brianna was rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar of 619. What I was trying to deny was true. My baby girl had diabetes. We?ve been through so much on this short year. Everything has changed. Insulin, shots, test trips, glucose monitors, Pods, glucose tabs?..:confused:?.wow, incredible how much we DID NOT know about this disease. But today, it is a brand new day. A new year wait for us. We know it won?t be perfect, but we?ll take it one day a time?.one meal at a time?.one BG test at a time. We are starting a new year full of energy, full of LIFE (and a BG of 131 :D). We won?t get discourage?..no, she won?t outgrow it, get with the program people :mad:(friends and family can be a pain)??.we CAN do this. A year ago with an A1c of 10.1 we were devastated. Today, with and A1c of 6.7?it is just the beginning. :cwds:

2. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Congrats, on celebrating life and what a wonderful job you are doing.

3. brima

brima Approved members

Thank you Tracy!

Can you believe that when the nurse told me the results instead of saying "good job" she said that the results were too low :confused::mad: Well, I don't agree. She said that they want kids her age between 7.5-8.5. I understand their concerns but we monitor her constantly, and I'm 100% sure that she's not having that many lows to contribute the low a1c to that. Can't they just accept the fact that we, as parents, know what we are doing?

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I love that. Celebrating Life on the Anniversary!!:)

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yeah, I have heard that from our endo in the past too. They always liked to run the younger kids higher than the teenagers because they were afraid of the lows. But now with more kids on the pumps it is possible to have the better control without as many lows.

6. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy Approved members

Congratulations on the "day" and on your attitude. It will fair well when things aren't running as smooth as you want. Keep that postive attitude and your entire family will feel it.

7. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Good for you, great attitude! Keep it up!!!

8. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Congrats on getting through your first year of diabetes, and doing it successfully and with a positive attitude. here's to many many many more healthy years!

9. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Great job!!!!!!!!! Great post!!!!!!

10. madde

madde Approved members

Love the title of your thread!

Keep up the good work, and great job on a very successful year!

11. brima

brima Approved members

You know how they say ?Beauty is in the eye of the beholder?. Do I like that my daughter has diabetes? Of course not, but we have been lucky/blessed. I have read in here stories of parents that have found out too late about their kids diagnosis. They were not able to walk out of the hospital with their kids. We did! That is why I have made the decision to celebrate each year on her DX anniversary her LIFE :)