- advertisement -

Today is our 4 year diaversary

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by goochgirl, Jun 21, 2012.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

Yes, its been 4 years since I came on to this board as a terrified parent of a newly diagnosed baby. Now I have a confident, emerging reader, who took the pantry apart this week when he discovered how to read the carbs on the label. (true story! he emptied the pantry to find the carb count on everything in there) We are preparing the paperwork for our second pump, which, admittedly, feels a little shocking. We have endured the learning curve at diagnosis, the learning curve of pumping, air travel, FFL, entering school, the world of 504's, the birth, cryotization, and rebirth of the pump pouch fairy. All with the help of our new, extended D family. We have seen some members go, welcomed new members, and are saddened by knowing that many others will join us. Thank you, CWD members for supporting us at the beginning, being a sounding board when frustrated, sharing your knowledge, laughing with us, and just for being there.

2. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Big congrats...hope it is a happy day for your family and the "BG fairy" is kind!:)

3. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

I like reading this....it gives me, a newbie pancreas mama, hope. We are closing in on DD's 1 year mark. So much to take in the first year!! I don't ever expect things to get easier in d life, but my confidence, experience and intuition has grown leaps and bounds. I am thrilled to see how my girl has adapted. It is a slow process but seeing how other seasoned D parents / CWD continue to carry on despite D, gives me peace of mind that we will too! Big congrats to your family!