- advertisement -

tips for checking bs and taking insulin in school

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by dana_beth, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dana_beth

dana_beth Approved members

Hey im Dana and im 13, i would like to share my tips with whoever reads this. I checked my sugar before i go to school, then we eat breakfast at 9:25 at school ( i bring my breakfast) but that is when i check my sugar again then i do what i need to correct it. Then i bring my lunch to school, and i take my insulin pen and montior to lunch, so i count up my carbs the night before and figure out how much insulin i take for it and then i out a piece of paper in my lunch box telling me how much i take. And i take it right their before i eat. Then after lunch we go out the school for about 15 minutes and i check my sugar and take my insulin to correct my sugar. So i don't have to check my sugar again till i get home. So now thati have it figured out ot out i don't miss class time checking my sugar. I am doing so much better in school to.

2. Tamara Gamble

Tamara Gamble Approved members

Good job Dana! Thanks for sharing! Keep up the good work!

God Bless! Tami

3. dana_beth

dana_beth Approved members

thanks Tamara Gamble

4. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Good job. Hopefully soon my son(13) will be allowed to check his blood without going to the nurses office. It definately would save time.