- advertisement -

Time for a New Thread for Books.

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sooz, Feb 27, 2012.

1. sooz

sooz Approved members

I love to hear other people's recommendations for books, so please tell what you are reading now, or what books you have enjoyed. I just finished a book that someone told me about that I never would have found on my own. After I read the description of the book, it did not sound like it would be something that I would read, but I am so glad I did. It was so...different, but so beautiful and full of such truth and well, truth. So hard to even write about, and hard to read on many levels, but so revealing.

Don't be afraid to read it.

http://www.amazon.com/Fault-Our-Sta...ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&qid=1330374707&sr=8-1

Edited to add: you know the trip to Italy verses the trip to Holland story? Here they literally take that trip to Holland.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom Approved members

I am working my way through Janet Evanovich's number series. I'm on Eleven On Top. I just finished Seeker. I also just read Negotiater and Gone. I just started The Hunger Games today. I have Think Like a Pancreas on the iPad.

I read a lot, I'm kind of geeky that way. I like fiction but, I will read anything. I am reading the Nerds series and How to Train Your Dragon with my younger boys too.

3. sooz

sooz Approved members

I like Janet Enavovich too!:)

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Since I've been reading so many really tough going papers and articles for my university course, I've really got into the sort of novel that you can just read in one lovely lazy go. You know the type I mean - page turners which are often about fairly horrible topics but don't require too much strenuous thought. :eek: Anyway, in the past week or two I've read Before The Storm by Diane Chamberlain and a few by Lisa Gardner (Live to Tell, Love You More and The Survivors Club). I wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for good literature, but I enjoyed them all. :D

5. Liongirl4

Liongirl4 Approved members

I am reading An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff..its a story of a friendship between an 11 year old panhandler and an executive..a true story.
    I read 2 of the Outlander books and have the 3rd one to read..I plan on getting the rest of the series.
    The Calligraphers Daughter was good..as well as Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Peony in Love and Shanghai Girls.
    I just love to read!!

6. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Love Evanovich :)
    I'm rereading The Poldark Novels by Winston Graham on my Kindle :cwds:

7. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Janet Evanovich is one of my favorites! I also recently re-read some of my favorite classics with Ella like Heidi and the Secret Garden, and Nick, Lydia, and I are working our way through the magic tree house series.

8. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

Love the Outlander Series..I am actually listening to Outlander again right now! Also Heaven is for Real is great.

9. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member