- advertisement -

Tic Tacs are not "free" ...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by virgo39, Sep 27, 2011.

1. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

... when you eat half a container!

Over the weekeend, DH bought DD a container that she put in her backpack and took to school (he told her he thought it was a "bad idea" to take them to school, rather than "no, you may not take them to school.")

DD thought they were "no carb" because we've always let her have a few without bolusing. :eek: She's only 7, but she's usually so responsible, I think we sometimes take things for granted.

At least there was some explanation for why her numbers were wonky at school today.

2. Cdpimpinella

Cdpimpinella Approved members

Last weekend i had this conversation with a grandparent. Just because tic tacs are zero carb doesnt mean give the 6 year old free reign over the whole bottle. We had been wondering for awhile why whenever dd came home from grandparents she had wacky numbers.
    :D

3. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

It looks like Tic Tacs can range from 0.5 carbs to 0.97 carbs for each one.

Who can eat just one at a time?;)

4. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Approved members

My son likes those - but, at least he will ask to have ONE. If I gave him the container, he'd probably want to eat them all. LOL!

5. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

Hana eats the whole container at once too!

6. ROVERT81402

ROVERT81402 Approved members

When Trevor was first diagnosed, we didn't pay too close attention to the tic tac package, just seen zero carb...didnt realize 1 was a serving size...seriously, who eats just one?!

7. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Especially of the orange kind. I could go for a bottle of those right now! LOL :D

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Same goes for sugarless gum, if you chew the whole pack, that is, in an attempt to blow the worlds largest bubble :rolleyes:

9. lisac

lisac Approved members

I'm glad some1 said something!!!! I always keep SF gum on hand for Hadlee, she knows where I keep it and chews 1 piece for a few min. and then goes and gets more! She can easily chew the whole pack in a couple of hours!