advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrush

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by pam_r, Jul 8, 2017.

1. pam_r

pam_r Approved members

Hello!

My 13 year was dx with thrush recently. His numbers have been pretty good with a 14 day average of 150 so not terrible. This is the first time he has had thrush. We did the nystatin pills for 10 days with 4 pills each day. At the end of 10 days there were about 7 pills left so he obviously missed some. It did help for sure but I can still see the thrush a little bit. His pediatrician put him on fluconazole which is 2 pills. One per week, he already took one of the pills and next week will take the other. The trush is mild now but still there. He does do a probiotic.

Any suggestions? His diet definitely doesn't help. He is super picky, loves sweets and carbs but I am trying to limit that..

Thanks! Pam

2. Sprocket

Sprocket Approved members

My DD had thrush the summer she was diagnosed and used the mouthwash. She also gave it to her brother who is non-D. It hasn't returned, but was quite a mess and very contagious.
    Disinfect toothbrushes, make sure cups aren't shared and throw away toothbrushes when it is over.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017