- advertisement -

Throwing up from High BG?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by susanlindstrom16, Apr 23, 2014.

1. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

My daughter threw up this morning. She was basically running high all night into the morning, I was thinking it was due to eating high fat diner food as a late lunch yesterday. She was 252 this morning and complaining of stomachache, and then threw up around 7am. She hasn't thrown up since. She was 216 about a half hour ago so i did another correction. Ketones 0.1.

I'm just wondering if anyone's kids have thrown up just from being high? She has complained of tummy aches when high before, but never thrown up. I REALLY don't want this to be a virus but I guess thats possible too.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Well, 252 isn't that high. I'd suspect a virus.

3. wilf

wilf Approved members

I think she's getting sick. :(

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I agree with the above posters. Sounds like a bug to me.

5. susanlindstrom16

Nooo! We already had a stomach virus this year, isn't there a rule somewhere that you don't have to get 2 in the same year?

I'm kidding, but I really am about to lose it. Between her and my 2 year old we have had stomach flu, regular flu, strep throat, ear infections, and pink eye. all this year! We just got over the regular flu last week and I really thought that was going to be it.

Thanks guys. She is 145 and keeping down liquids so hopefully it will be short lived.

6. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

My daughter has thrown up due to highs. But we are talking HI, and then stubbornly not coming down.
    With numbers like she is showing now, I'd lean more towards a virus than BG. Sorry. I'd start by running a slightly higher temp basal to see if that helps at all.

Tell me about it. This was hands down the worst year ever we have had for illness. I hate to tell you this but my daughter had a stomach bug that was a quick 24 hour thing, then about a week and a half later she got a full blown 3 day bug. It was running like wildfire through our school. I hope they have enough common sense to sanitize the place.

LOL, but this is the school who told staff that vacation is next week, and students vacation is this week! So, common sense tends to be in short supply there[​IMG]

7. susanlindstrom16

Ugh thats awful! that better not happen here, I really will go crazy.
    And thats pretty bad about the vacations, wow.