- advertisement -

Thoughts on the 'New' Hannah Montana Episode

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lee, Sep 20, 2009.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

that's great! Poor woman must have been sitting there waiting. :)

2. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

That's what I am hoping for!

3. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

DITTO!!!:D:cwds:

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

I couldn't agree more! I just sent my email!

5. Lee

Lee Approved members

Just sent mine also !

6. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

sent my e-mail too!!

7. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Email sent...

Manning's two best friends are girls who happen to HUGE Hannah fans, it will be interesting to hear their take on it.

8. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

yup, I agree.. I didn't see the entire thing, just the ending, but what I saw was good, except for the way they had him test LOL.. and I liked how they went over it at the end w/ Oliver, Hannah and Lilly, saying what they learned.. can't wait to watch the entire episode with the girls. .they haven't seen it yet because it was past their bedtime..

9. MLH

MLH Approved members

Well, I have to agree it was much better than the first one, but far from perfect IMHO. I didn't like the fall down the stairs. But most of all I did not like the way the nurse broke her confidentiality with Oliver. She had no business telling his issue.

I know my daughter is now in middle school and she is wearing her pump in her jeans instead of a pump pack. She has decided, unlike elementary school where everyone knew about her diabetes, she wants to decide who and when to tell people in her middle school. She doesn't need to worry about the nurse spilling the beans. I know watching the show as a parent of a child with diabetes I watched with a lot of emotion. :cwds:

My daughter was happy and not crying like the last time.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  10. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

I think Disney did a great job revising the episode. I was super pleased! At first I was beginning to wonder if it wasn't going to be the same old junk as before but the ending turned out to be great, IMO.

Emma did think the meter that Oliver used was a CGM since it was so quick to give him a number and that was kinda cool since we are doing a Dexcom trial this week. ;)

When the show was over Emma said she hoped all her friends watched it and she wished her teacher would let them watch this at school which, to me, meant she was very happy with the way it was changed unlike the original episode when she was almost in tears.

Kudos to Disney for listening and making the effort to "make things right". Now let's see they would be willing air a Jonas episode about Type 1-THAT would be awesome!

11. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

DH thought I was nuts when I rewound it to look at what Oliver pulled out since I was not right in front of the TV when he did it. I was hopeful it was a CGM, but it looked like a blue one touch ultra mini to me LOL

12. Gaia

Gaia Approved members

Man, I missed it! Forgot all about it. :( We watched "Bedtime Stories" with the kids after dinner and by the time it was over, the twins had to go to bed. I hope they replay it! I cant watch it on YouTube. I have dial up and it doesnt load right. :(

13. karliesmom

karliesmom Approved members

I thought they did a decent job in the time period they had. When they said Oliver has type 1 Karlie looked at me and her eyes were huge(that look that says WOW)...it was funny. Karlie did make a comment on how did he test so fast...he didn't even poke himself. I like what they did at the end with all three of them and then put up the JDRF website for more info.

14. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Anyone have a youtube link to the new episode? I keep finding "no sugar, sugar" under the new name...

15. Toni

Toni Banned

She has outgrown Hannah Montanna so did not watch the episode. Sounds like they did a great job. You want their peers to know they can eat sugar, what to do when low, and that they can do anything other children can do. Other than that, too much information. It is better to save all the details for fundraising purposes.

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I agree. While from a d-vetrans view, it wasn't perfect, but it definitely was much better than what they were going to show. I'm happy with the revamped version, and Abby is too, which is what matters.

17. dragonfly

dragonfly Approved members

yea that.

My dvr stopped working yesterday so I didn't get it taped!!!

18. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Liv and I just composed an e-mail of thanks for the episode.
    I agree, it doesn't have to be perfect.

It's not a documentary on living with type 1 diabetes:cwds:, it's a Disney Channel comedy for kids. For that, they handled it fine.

I am so glad Disney listened and revised the episode-that means a lot.

19. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

I did not see the episode, but glad to hear it was corrected and much better than the first one.

Does anyone have Disney's contact for the show? I would like to thank them for listening to us, and revising the episode.

Very responsible in this day and age.

20. allisa

allisa Approved members

I didn't realize it was on...I got an email from Disney saying it was redone...but...must not have paid attention to a date 'cause I don't remember one !

Sounds like they improved upon the first.

But I agree with another poster....what is the point.....I would bet money the words: Diabetes, check your blood, how many carbs is never uttered on another episode again !!

oh well....any education is good....gotta see if I can catch it again....