- advertisement -

Thought you all you get a kick out of this...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by cmsullivan, Jun 15, 2011.

1. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with these thoughts.

2. caspi

caspi Approved members

Given the fact that the OP has removed/edited most of her posts, I personally hope that the CWD Moderator will remove this entire thread as it is not of any help or in the spirit of CWD......

3. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

(((((HUGE HUGS OP)))) sounds like the ten year old had abandonment issues and just acted out. It happens, yes even with kids a lot older than ten. I can't remember why you were watching your friend's children, seems like someone was in the hospital. I hope things are going well now, and have settled down for everyone. You are a good friend. :)

4. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

Thank you, I doubt if she will come back and read this, but yeah she was awesome for watching her friends "problem child" for the evening when they had to be in hospital for their other child, and taking it in stride.

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

Really, with all due respect, I think this thread has been in the spirit of CWD. People have been trying to explain in an honest way that this child needs help and so does the OP. Yes she was a good friend to agree to watch this child, but the point of fact is, she was NOT watching him, she left him home alone and that is when he had his melt down. It is not always kind to just go along and say how great everything is, when really, something is badly wrong and needs to change. I understand where you are coming from, but really, I dont agree. What happens if the next time he is left alone he comes to harm? Would it have been better for no one to say anything when maybe if she thinks about it some more she will realize that leaving a disturbed 10 year old is not a good idea? :confused:

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

I really think it would be a good idea if, in the future, you read a thread in its entirety before making a comment like this. If you had read this thread, you would have seen that I was one of the people questioning the OP and her actions.

Personally, I think the entire story was made up. There, I said it. By continuing to comment on it, we are continuing to give the OP the spotlight she/he seems so desperately to be craving. THAT is why I thought it would be a good idea to remove the entire thread since the OP isn't even commenting anymore.

Again, PLEASE read before posting.

7. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Whole thing is very strange to me. I cannot believe the OP actually took 5 kids with her and left a 10 yr old neighbor in her home. And like everyone else said, why didn't she take her child's meter with her. I don't care if they were only going to be gone 15 minutes, a lot can happen in that time.

8. sooz

sooz Approved members

As I stated earlier in the thread, I DID read all of the replies. I was only responding to what you wrote in the one that I quoted.

9. caspi

caspi Approved members

Well apparently you didn't because you would have seen that I wasn't agreeing with the OP AT ALL! I wasn't trying to say everything was OK, quite the contrary. So for you to lump me into that category was wrong, IMO.

And when I was saying NOT in the spirit of CWD, I meant that this shouldn't be a platform for people to come on and make up stories and get attention for it. We have much more important issues to deal with.

10. sooz

sooz Approved members

I can assure you that I have read every word of this thread more than one time. You can disbelieve me if you choose to. I did not say that you said everything was ok. I was disagreeing with you regarding the fact that this thread should be removed. If you think that I was wrong, that is fine with me. I dont have a problem with that. You did not say why you felt the thread was not in the spirit of CWD in the other post. Thank you for your clarification now.

11. sooz

sooz Approved members

And I would just like to add my own clarification, that I believe this thread has been of tremendous help to those who might feel it is ok to make up wild stories and not be called on them. To quote Judge Judy ;) "If something does not make sense, it isnt true" ...so this thread should stand as a warning to others that if they put up stories that dont make sense, then they WILL be getting questions about it. And whether this story is correct, or not, the OP needs to face the the fact that she needs help.:(

12. caspi

caspi Approved members

THIS we can agree on, so perhaps you're right that it should remain here. My only fear is people continuing to comment on how they feel bad for the OP, etc. and he/she will continue to get the glorification he/she was seeking.