- advertisement -

Thought you all you get a kick out of this...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by cmsullivan, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

My kids meter got microwaved and dunked in water, nevermind the rest of the story. Most people here don't understand how to let things go and move on.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Their parents hadn't told them how long they would be away? I think his parents (and he) owe you a HUGE apology and I couldn't look back and laugh.... :eek:.

3. cmsullivan

The extension in how long they would be here was a last minute change that on one had controll over (another sibling in the hospital) apollogies and plan of "repayment" helping me at my house have already been made.

4. MamaTuTu

MamaTuTu Approved members

OMGoodness I dont know what I would do??? I would be pissed!

5. cmsullivan

I was quite hysterical when I found it, threw some things across the room then decided I better go outside and cool off. Got just calmed down enough to confront the meter killer while sobbing and say "why! why this!!!" Then after 30 mins of being on hold trying to see how quickly I could get a replacement meter I was no longer sobbing but still shaking.

6. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

That is a rather severe reaction. Most kids wouldn't do this sort of destruction of someone else's house.

I don't see much funny in the situation.

7. cmsullivan

I don't see the point in being angry and holding a grudge about it when its been resolved. I didn't say it was funny, I said I could laugh about it. Meaning the whole thing was crazy and I'm glad its over kind of laugh.

....this would be why I don't post here.

8. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I am glad you look at things with a sense of humor, but I'm sorry that happened to your house and your meter!

9. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

If you had a video camera set up in your house you would totally win the americas funniest videos of the year showing him doing all that stuff while you were gone! he certainly is creative!

10. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I would have called the cops... every bit of that is against the law and he belongs in juvenile detention IMO.

I might be willing to work with and handle some of that with my own kids, but someone else's - no way, that's NOT my job or my problem. Their parents would be getting a bill for the damages as well.

11. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

I think it's kinada funny--in a mental deranged sort of way. :p I mean he microwaved your meter?! :eek: What the heck!?!? Why didn't he just flush it down the toilet? :p

Really sorry but I do think you handled it well. You never know what issues a kid has or what he's dealing with especially with a family emergency and a kid in the hospital. Besides, what else can you do now but post about it?

12. Lee

Lee Approved members

I agree - and the $75.00 per hour charge for the time you spent cleaning up the mess. I hope you took pictures to show the parents. Hopefully, they will see this as a sign that their child needs some mental help - that is not a typical, normal, or acceptable behavior for a 10 year old.

13. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Does this child have behavioral problems Carrie? Has he been diagnosed with anything? Im a bit fearful that he would hurt someone if he got upset enough:( Im glad youre getting a free meter and thankfully microwaving the other one didnt ruin the microwave:eek:

14. cmsullivan

Once again I am reminded why I don't post here and why I won't be comming back, shesh!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  15. dejahthoris

Seriously, you are an awesome friend to be there for them during this time.

16. Lee

Lee Approved members

Seriously - what the heck was wrong with what we asked???? Good bye and enjoy your life. I guess I don't understand why, after being away for over a year and having less then 50 posts at the time, you would post THIS and then have a hissy fit when you didn't like what you read. I looked at your past posts and did not see anyone being mean or rude to you, so I really do not understand where you are coming from at all.

If you would have added one little statement saying that this child has some mental health issues, then you would probably have gotten an entirely different response...

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  17. dejahthoris

You are mean.

18. cmsullivan

I dont have a problem with what was asked I have a problem with people making mean statements about a kid they dont know and assuming the worst of him. I didn't feel the need to explain every detail about this kid, its no ones buisness. My goal was to share a funny (as in interesting, wow! what was going though his mind) story. Not for him to be trash talked and put down by people who don't know him.

As for my post count, when I visited them board before I mostly read. I was still new to diabetes and didn't feel I know enough about it to post much. No, I was never attacked then but I read PLENTY of it, and I can see from just ONE post, that it has gotten worse....much worse. What a hosstile and confrintational bunch. I would hate to be new to diabetes and have such a hosstile group of people to attempt to get help from. :( Awful!

19. Lee

Lee Approved members

How is this mean???? I asked her why she reacted the way she did - that is not mean. To slam the board isn't mean? What is wrong with asking her why, after she has been treated pretty darn nicely from reading her past posts, she would attack the forum?

Why can't we ask people to clarify comments?

Honestly, read the posts - nobody said anything mean. The meanest thing said was 'I don't find this funny'.

20. Lee

Lee Approved members

Seriously, no one said anything hostile about the boy. And you DID say funny, and no one else said they thought it was funny.

I DID ask if he had a mental health issue, because this type of behavior is a prime clue if he hadn't been already diagnosed.

I STILL don't understand how you could think people were being mean because they didn't share the laugh. No one called him or you names, or even said you did anything wrong. I am sorry if you thought this, especially if my post made you think this...

Once again, I wish you the best of luck, and yes, I do think you are a SAINT to watch these children during their family's difficult time.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011