- advertisement -

those little holes in the tips of thier fingers

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Cabins Crue, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

I have been noticing that Cabins.. "lancet holes" in the tips of his fingers are more noticeable.. I washed his hands really good thinking it was dirt.. but sadly it is not.. any suggestions on how to lessen them.. maybe!?!?

2. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Are you using the multiclix? I get them a lot less when I'm using the multiclix as opposed to other lancet devices.

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I think some people use cream.

I personally love seeing them. They don't hurt, and they feel like a badge of honor to me. I earned them.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Are you using a too high setting perhaps??
    We use the Multiclix and Ian says it doesn't hurt as much as the poker he used before.

We still see them a bit. We use a tiny bit of Neutrogena handcream for sensitive skin sometimes (usually after the midnight BG check, if it's ok).

5. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

we see them alot too but more so when I don't remind Ian to change fingers as often as he should. We're still lucky - he can use the lowest setting possible, but the dots still show up.

I like Jonah's attitude. It's like a badge of honor. Every one of those pokes means that I took care of my son and every poke means my son is healthier.

6. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Once I spent a whole weekend doing hand dishes at Diabetes family camp, and they rubbed off. Just a suggestion... :)

7. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

hahaha...that's awesome! lol

8. jetsmom

jetsmom Approved members

When my son was admitted in the hospital upon dx, they had horrible lancet devices, ever since he left the hospital (over 3 years ago) he has never used his fingertips. He either uses his forearms or thighs to test. Have you considered using another site other than his fingertips?

9. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Gee - could that have been Yale???:rolleyes: ( Maddie also came out of the hospital a dedicated forearm tester - took the Pelikan to break that but she stil would rather use her forearms - and no appreciable difference in arm vs fingertips in terms of her numbers, so why not?):cwds:

10. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I use the Multi Clix on Amanda and have not noticed any holes in her fingers at all..her fingers look great actually and we are into this for over 2 and a half years..What is nice about it is the lower settings for tiny fingers..

11. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i've had D for over 5 years and my fingers always have the holes. after a year or two i also developed small callouses on the tips of my fingers. i used different creams for awhile, but that got old, so i just gave up and try to ignore them.

12. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

I use the multiclix and don't have the dots either. I know people that do though. Some people use bag balm and say it helps.

13. gunnar'smom

gunnar'smom New Member

Is the Multiclix so great because it has a thin lancet? My son uses the Onetouch long blue lance with BD ultra-fine 33 gage lancets, and he doesn't want to change. But if the Multiclix is better for some reason, I'll get him one? Any thoughts? Thanks!!:confused:

14. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Most lancing devices can use any type of lancet. We use the BD ultrafine in the tiniest needle. I can't remember off the top of my head what the number is, but if you go to the pharmacy, look at the boxes in the Diabetes section and find the one with the thinnest needle. The BD's are tinsey.
    Ava's fingers look pretty good two years in, except after she's been finger painting. :p

I've also heard that tea tree oil works wonders.