- advertisement -

This is one of those unfortunate things..

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by linda, Feb 6, 2009.

1. linda

linda Approved members

Scenario: After school activity where nurse is present (on the High School Play committee)....Em is in the play rehearsal and starts to "not feel well"...she checks and is 40...doesnt see nurse...eats a few tabs and juice and proceeds to nurse office. Door is closed. Still a little foggy she pushes open door to a room full of EMT's working on a girl who was having an epileptic seizure. The principal was there and came to Em and asked if she was ok, and he went to get more juice for her....nurse has requested back up. What a day.... (PS i was on my way to pick her up and saw 3 emergency vehichles and nearly fainted.) PS the other girl ok.;)

2. Shirley and Jamie V.

Shirley and Jamie V. Approved members

When it rains it pours!!!

Who is in the worst shape? You, your daughter or the nurse?

Have a little happy hour and be glad she's with you for the next few days.

3. linda

linda Approved members

lol...THE NURSE!!!!:eek:

4. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Emergency vehicles at the school makes my chest hurt.

Jordan was already cast in the school musical when she was dxd. She got out of the hospital and went straight back to rehearsals (lots of dance practice). It was the scariest experience ever. I made her take a duffel full of snacks. Problem was all the kids were starving and kept eating everything. She was too timid to tell them no. We had such little experience with D I held my breath every time she was on stage and I was so relieved when it was over. It was good for both of us though. Helped us to face our fears right away.

5. linda

linda Approved members

I admit I still feel this way:cwds:

6. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

Me too. Wait until they want to go away to college.:(

7. linda

linda Approved members

I think of this very often too! But know that ems witt and smarts will lead her...;) and hope to have the strength and patience to wait for her call lol...:cwds:

8. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

I am glad they were both ok. I too, hate to see emergency vehicles at the school.

9. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Wow, looks like her school had their hands full...I have to say, I'm very impressed that the principal had the presence of mind to ask her how SHE was doing with everything else going on....I would make a point of thanking him if it were me:cwds:

I can just picture them shooing her out thinking she was just trying to be nosey:eek: You have a great school there:D

10. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Oh that must have been really scary. My heart goes out to your daughter and you having to experience that. I can so relate. I went through that with my nephew Dylan one time. He was having a life threatening seizure. I think I set a new record driving to the school. Walked into the music room to find the paramedics intubating him and breathing for him. Followed them out to the football field and watched the Northwest Airlift Helicopter land with a flight doctor and nurse on board and watched him take off. My heart was in my shoes. I was trying to remain calm but inside I was so scared. Knowing what that is like I would not wish that on anyone.

11. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Matt was in the midst of rehearsals when he was diagnosed too. Tech week was a nightmare for me because he was on NPH/Reg at the time and he had to eat on a rigid schedule. :eek: Fortunately, he did well and I have learned to breath and not think he's ready to keel over with a low when he's on stage.

Linda - Encountering three emergency vehicles would have been a little scary. I'm glad that everyone involved is OK!

12. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

What a day, indeed! Hugs!!! :cwds::cwds:

13. Grace

Grace Approved members

:eek:

I think I'd send the nurse flowers... or CHOCOLATE!

14. dragonfly

dragonfly Approved members

When it rains, it pours is what that poor principal must be thinking!

Glad both girls are doing OK.