- advertisement -

Third day pump highs and also wetness behind T-slim cartridge

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Theo's dad Joe, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Theo's dad Joe

Theo's dad Joe Approved members

I decided to put these together to save a thread.

First off, using the T-slim for 6 months, we usually change with humalog about 4:00 pm, make it through two days great, and dinner, but tend to rise at night on the third 24 hour period, and need corrections for breakfast and lunch on that 3rd 24 hour period. It is not like we get to 240 and have to test for ketones usually, but we may end up with 20-30% more insulin on the third day and fight to stay in range, then usually things go back to normal with the pump change.

Is that common? Even on a great 3 day period I can see that there is a little more correction going in on day 3. We currently get 4 boxes of cartridges which is a pain because we get 3 at once and then get the 4th one about 6 weeks later. This is because with some bad sites we needed more than 30, but I was thinking about asking the pump script person at the clinic to raise it to 5 boxes and just change every two days. Does anyone do that. For people who get more than 3 boxes over 90 days, how do you order them? All together, or one every 30 days and then add on the 4th every third time or what?

Second, a couple times when I have removed an old cartridge there has been liquid which I assume is insulin between the pump and the cartridge. It COULD be water from maybe pushing buttons when my son's hands still have some moisture on them from washing for a test, maybe wetness on the palms but not the fingers. Any ideas?

2. Ali

Ali Approved members