- advertisement -

Thinking of swiching to the Accu-check Combo pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Joa

Joa Approved members

Interesting. Pehaps the rep was thinking of the Accu Chek Insight? It is said that the pumpe will be launched next month and Accu Chek.at is listing it as recent.

And Roche has some coorperation with DexCom. Probably the Aviva Insight is working as Dexcom receiver too.

Regards
    Joa

2. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I hate how things come to the US last.

I that Danish? I have a sister in law of there!

Going to google it now, but it "looks" like a nice pump.

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

It's German, but I agree that looks like a nice pump. Why are we always so behind on pumps?!

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I heard that the accu chek pumps expire after 4 years. Like they literally stop working.

Someone said the same thing about all animas 2020s being designed to stop working on a specific date.

I would not want to buy a pump like that because you never know if circumstances will change, and accessing a new pump at the 4 year mark might not always be a given.

5. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

The Accu-Chek Insight looks nice. I wonder if it was in the US and Canada if it would be successful.

It seems like no one even gives accu-chek pumps the time of day. This is in spite of the fact that they are a popular meter company and their meters seem to be very popular for hospital use. Calling a BG an accu-chek is common in the US hospital system from what I have heard.

I think accu-chek bought out disitronic and changed the name, disitronic pumps were actually popular at one point in time when animas and minimed were the two other pumps on the market.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

Joa,

Can you translate the menu options on the picture of the remote? Just curious.

7. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

I just checked and my new insurance does cover Accu-chek strips, so one less thing to think worry about.

8. Joa

Joa Approved members

Some are unreadable because very compressed others are quite normal. [meter] [bolus] [pumpe] [my data] [connection] ??? I think it makes sense to wait until more facts are known.

Regards
    Joa