- advertisement -

thinking about going back on shots...

Discussion in 'Teens' started by meg:], Apr 28, 2009.

1. meg:]

meg:] Approved members

So hey people!

I'm new, sorta. I used to have an account but i never really posted anything... but I love reading posts and decided to get an account!:)

So i'm thinking about going back on injections, atleast for a while. I like the oump, but I'm pretty busy and it seems like everytime I have a problem with my pump, I'm not at home. :confused:I have an endo appointment tomorrow, so i'm probably gonna talk to them about it then. What do you guys think?

And 1 year ago today, I was diagnosed. WOW:eek:

Can anyone tell me how to make a signature? That would really help!

Thanks!

Megan

2. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Megan,

You can update your signature from the "User CP" link at the top left.

3. meg:]

Thanks! I figured it out:)

4. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

what kind of supplies do you carry with you? i have sets, cartridges, insulin, batteries(i think....:O), etc in case i have a problem. how are you going to feel about either a) giving up the freedom you have on the pump or b)doing shots every time you want to eat carbs? i'm sick of the whole tubing deal(i want to omnipod in the *near*(late '09 at the earliest) future) but i'm not willing to give up my freedom, i'm waaaaay too attached to it:~D(hehe, attatched...pump....tubing....hehe....:p)
    but i'd really think about you'll be ok with more limits sans pump;). i drives me crazy sometimes(especially in dresses:mad::rolleyes:) but i don't think i could ever go back:cwds:

5. meg:]

ya, I completley agree.

I went back to pens today, I think I am just going to take a break for a while. I LOVE the pump, but i guess I am tooo busy to take care of it..?:confused: I dont even know what my resoning is. Summers comin up, which means frequent trips to the beach for me, ;)plus camp, and other trips. I'll probably end up hating shots, but I guess I just gotta show myself how much i love my pump:)

thanks!

6. dksimo@comcast.net

dksimo@comcast.net Approved members

I was diagnosed in Octo 2008 and have never tried the pump. Personally I am sticking with injections for now. Good luck making your decision.:p

7. meg:]

8. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

i've never tried to go to the beach with a pump, so i have no clue how that would go:eek::p.
    i'm glad it's working out so far:D