- advertisement -

They FIT!!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 24, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Thanks to a friend who sent me her left over Nutrisystem food and me realizing that all I need is to consume 1200 calories a day, I have started to loose weight..I do not see it yet, however, this morning I was able to put on my old favorite pair of jeans that I have not been able to wear in 3 years!!

The best part is that they are not tight and I can breathe and do not have to worry about popping the button on them when I sit down!!

Even though I do not notice the weight loss, my neighbor across the street commented last night that I look as though I am loosing weight..

I now just have to keep plugging along and keep the calories down to 1200 until I reach my main goal..Then keep plugging along to maintain that weight..

Starting next week I will get back in the habit of going to the gym on Base and see if I can speed up the weight loss process..:D

2. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Congrats! I used to love the gym. Not an option these days.

That's cool. I still have my pants from 3 years ago hoping for the day I can wear them again. lol.

3. KeltonsMom

The gym on Base is usually dead in the early morning hours and that is when I will go..There is nothing worse than working out in front of thin people that can run at a steady pace on the treadmill for over an hour when I poop out after 15 minutes :eek:

4. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

When people say I look like I'm losing wegiht, I tell them no, I'm just as fat as you thought!:D Makes them realize how rude they were, they don't tell me I look like I'm gaining when I am, just when I lose!:D

And Teddy, I'm VERY envious of you, congrats

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  5. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Congrats Teddy! I am sure you have read about my "when harry met sally" moment with Lanae when I tried on a pair of 5/6 jeans at aeropostale and they FIT. OMG, I have to say that was the best moment I have had in YEARS. I haven't worn that size since I was Head Cocktail waitress 10 years ago :eek: I never ever thought my ass would see the inside of a pair of 5/6 jeans again :eek:

1200 a day is what my dr has me on right now, I have been on a platue lately but hoping to break through it soon.

CONGRATS on the loss! Isn't it great motivation :D

6. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

Congrats! How do you like the Nutrisystem stuff?

7. KeltonsMom

The Nutrisystem food tastes like my Mother's cooking..There are some things that are actually pretty good and then there are some things my dog won't eat :eek:

I am running out of the food now, but I won't be getting anymore of it..I will just stick to the 1200 calories a day and include more salads and healthy snacks so that I do not feel as if I am starving myself..I am the type of person that if I thought I was being deprived I would go off of the diet and eat everything that was not nailed down all at once :eek:

But I am not feeling like that, and this is why it is working for me..

If I can ever squeeze my rear into a size 5/6 jean, you will all be able to hear my screams of joy for miles and miles..The last time I was that size was 16 years ago:eek:

8. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

Congrats.

I have been deiting for 2 weeks, and started hitting the gym heavy for a week now.. I have lost a few lbs. I cant see it yet, but I will say I feel better. I could careless how many lbs I lose, but I am determined to get back into my size 8 clothes.

9. dorothy's_mom

dorothy's_mom Approved members

Congrats on the loss of weight! I am sure that you can keep it up.

I am still fighting on loosing weight myself after being pregnant for almost 2 years. I had my first son in June of 2006, and went back to work after 2 months and found out on Halloween that I was 12 weeks pregnant with son #2.

It is taking forever to get the weight off! I have no time to work out so I just watch what I eat and my workout consists of playing with the boys.

I have 15 lbs left to get to get to target and then 15 more to get to where I was when I got married!

10. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

You guys CAN DO THIS! If I can do it anyone can! I have 10-12 more to go until I am at my "dream weight" and am fighting it now. I went from a VERY VERY tight size 14/16 in May of 2008. I totally did not expect a 5/6 but when I couldn't fin any 7/8 (thinking they would be too tight) I figured it wouldn't hurt to try them on. I just about fainted when the slid right up :eek:

If I can do this ANYONE can :eek:

11. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Teddi, that's great! I love when I can fit into something that I'd packed away from my fat days. Congrats!

12. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Teddi,

I was about to post the exact same thread...except with the words "DO NOT" between "They" and "FIT":eek::eek::(:D

Seriously, way to go! Keep it up!:):)

13. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Congratulations on the weight loss, Teddi. You inspire me.