- advertisement -

The Sky is NOT the Limit

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by PseudoJenn, Jul 2, 2009.

1. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

:) We're going to go and see/hear George Canyon this weekend. He is flying across Canada to cities in each province (I believe) and it talking about how the Sky is NOT the limit with D! He's had it since he was 14 and talks about how he became a pilot and a singer, etc.

It's free to families with a T1D. Animas is sponsoring the event I believe as well. Check out the website for it! https://www.animas.ca/rsvp.aspx?utm_source=jdrfsite&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=pc09

2. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

hi, we just went tonight! It was just great. He is a really lovely person and really has a good heart! I must admit, I hadn't listened to his music before but he is absolutely wonderful. He also mentioned CWD and said what a great resource it is for parents!

3. abbyzmommy

abbyzmommy Approved members

We went last Friday to his Langley show! We love George, have met him a couple times now and each time he amazes me. Here is a pictures of my DD with him ...OK I can't figure out how to add a picture :(

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  4. PseudoJenn

PseudoJenn Approved members

Oh! It makes me excited to read about you guys going to see George! I also have not really listened to his music, but I thought it'd be great for DS to see/meet so many other D kids and have fun! :cwds:

Forcast is rain, so we're going to be listening to him IN the hanger... were you guys outside for his performance?

5. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

We went last saturday, great guy will post some pics when can

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I had never heard of him ..but I believe he is performing at the FFL banquet on thursday. :)

7. abbyzmommy

abbyzmommy Approved members

He is a wonderful role model IMHO, he was diagnosed at 14, wanted to be a pilot and in the army, was told he would never fly but a little while ago he got his licence to fly small planes. In Canada as long as you can prove you are a controlled diabetic they will allow you to fly small planes :) So he is living one of his dreams right now. He is a genuinely nice man and it comes across! LOVE George Canyon and his music is awesome too :p

Here is a link to his pictures from this tour on his Facebook page ... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=86292&id=5812268605&ref=share

8. Skyefire

Skyefire Approved members

I have tickets for Sunday's performance but just remember this weekend it crazy busy with b-day parties and baby showers. SO looks like I am going to miss it. I hope everyone has a great time that can make it.

9. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

10. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

here are a few of the pics from June 27th

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009