- advertisement -

The Revel, So Far So Good!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KarenRI, Mar 28, 2010.

1. jules12

jules12 Approved members

The new pump is finally coming on Friday!!!! I am so excited.

2. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Well...after Chell's severe low this am, at 2:51 am, 161..great I can sleep! 4:22 am, cgms alarm going off...cgms says 78 with an arrow going down ( I thought she was laying on the sensor) finger stick 22...re-checek 32, grabbed another meter 28..Dang it 2 juice boxes 15 minutes later, 46 another juice box, 64 after wards..Ok were getting somewhere. Yes..My heart skipped a few beats..Where is that new Pump with all the alerts/alarms...

So I called MM to check on the status of the Revel Pump for Chell..after I explained what happened overnight with the severe low bg and explained to them how the predicitve alarms & rate of change could help prevent Chell from going that low in the future. MM is over-nighting Chell the Revel pump, she will have it tomorrow. :)

For a solid week things have been pretty good..no major lows..minor lows around 67..no major highs either...then this...it just shows that we need to be diligent in our childrens care no matter how old they are. Yes..I changed the 2 am basal.

3. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

So sorry about the low BG scare, but I'm very happy to hear MM is overnighting her Revel!! Awesome!!!

You will have to play around with the predictive alarm and rate of change settings to see what works best for her. We're still tweaking. You want to find a balance where a dropping BG is caught before it's a low, at the same time keeping it so the alarms are not overwhelming. We're just using the predictive low alarms right now. We'll add the pred. high alarms after we get the lows tweaked.

Good luck!

4. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Well..I figured I would put the predictive alarm & the rate of change at mid setting for the low...and adjust from there.

For the high end...I would put the them on the lower end so they dont alarm as much.

5. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We started on the Revel and also love it!

But we had to play around with the predictative alarms to find what is right for my daughter. Has already caught her a couple of time going low. Also for some reason the alarm on the Revel seems to wake her up at night which the 522 did not. I would also agree that the accuracy is better.

I also use the capture event for BG and for uncovered snacks. Great tool so you don't forget later to add info for carelink report.

If you are CGMing, I think it is definitely worth upgrading.

Lisa

6. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

That is what I was thinking.
    :p

7. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

Great to hear you are seeing the same things as we are. We're still playing around with the predictive alarms...it will take some time, but it has caught about 7 dropping BG's over the past week before they became lows.

I too think the alarm is louder. It's also higher pitched making it cut through covers, doors, walls, etc. It's even louder than the Guardian alarms.

After 7 days, I still see it is more accurate than the 722.