- advertisement -

The Revel, So Far So Good!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KarenRI, Mar 28, 2010.

1. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Thank you for the info....good to know!! :) Glad that you both like it and its working out for you...:) Good news!!!

2. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Hi Karen --

Did MM happen to include the new Carelink USB hub thingamajig or another Ultralink meter?

Just curious.

3. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

I haven't uploaded to Carelink yet. He's been on the Revel just 6 days.

4. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

Nope...we already have them, and I heard they are only providing those extra items to new pumpers who don't have the USB plug and the linked meters.

5. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

Upload it girl!!!!!! :D

6. Toni

Toni Banned

Yes, but how about if I wait one month..... Sis does NOT want to trade a new for refurbished. I think we should just order and see if it's wrapped in plastic or not. You can always send it back. I think chances are very slim also.

7. KarenRI

KarenRI Approved members

ROFL!!! I will tonight. :D

8. denise3099

denise3099 Approved members

How will you know if it's refurb? If it's not wrapped in plastic? Anybody can shrink wrap anything in plastic? Can you ask when they call you to confirm your info? From what I understand, they don't have any refurb since it's brand new. But I wouldn't go by the plastic wrap.

BTW, the one you're using right now is "used" since you've used it. Someone who breaks theirs will get your "new"/"used" one. If it's still under warranty it should not matter. It's not like it will be covered in grape juice or something, :D New or used it should show no sign or wear and should be in perfect working order. Place the order then speak to someone and ask about it.

9. MReinhardt

Thanks! I owe you one! :D lol

The only way you will know for sure if its new or refurbed there will be a full size lable/sticker on the box that says Re-Manufacturer or something along that line.

10. blbrocky

blbrocky Approved members

Are you talking about an upgrade being refurbished? :confused:

11. denise3099

Yes, generally when you get an upgrade for a few hundred bucks, you get a refurbished on. That's why it's on your same warranty. I guess it's from returns or little problems that were fixed, etc., But since it's a brand new model they don' have any returns yet so they only have new ones to give out. I think they take returns within 30 days, so in about a month they may have some to refurb and send out, but right now I would doubt it.

I totally just now took the plunge and ordered a revel!!! I couldn't stand hearing about how great it was!!!! :D I'll look for the sticker. Honestly, the pump we are using now is 9 months old, so if they send something les "used" than that I'll be ahead of the game. They are ALL used, onec you use them so thinking you have a "new" pump that's 6 months old is not really accurate. Your current pump is used. As long as it's under warranty, that's what counts.

12. PatriciaMidwest

Don't be afraid of "refurbished" if you really want the revel.

You will most likely get new but if you don't --

We've had 2 refurbished 522's (warranty replacements) and the refurbs are cosmetically perfect (everything on outside is brand new), and MM told me 100% of components inside are tested, which he said was a higher standard than the new pumps. That could be a slight exaggeration on his part, I don't know. :rolleyes: My DD is one that would be miffed if her pump didn't look brand spanking new, so believe me it did (of course we didn't tell her otherwise).

It's all good...you will probably get a brand new revel, but if it is a refurb you will still be happy!

13. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

Wow are you sure she has diabetes? ;-)

14. denise3099

I know!!! That chart is gorgeous!! I'm so jealous!

15. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I am glad someone else asked that - I looked at that chart and thought WHOA....I wish my ds's chart looked like that!!!! Great Job!!!!!!!

16. PatriciaMidwest

No kidding. Let me just drool over that for a moment or two.

17. MReinhardt

LOL....along with gastroparesis..its a fine line of dual/square wave, foods she can eat! Dual/square wave is her best friend.

18. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

OK, Sorry for being really stupid, and I quickly read through as many posts as I could manage in this short time I have now. BUT --- Did you get the Revel while still under warranty for your old pump (522 or 722)? If so, did you pay for it?
    Please let me know how you got approved for this. I think our pump has a 4 year warranty.

Thanks!

19. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

We got the Revel while our 722 was still under warranty. We are three years into the four year warranty from MM on the 722. Our insurance will pay for a new pump every 3 years.

Or, if we didn't have the option to have insurance pay for a new pump purchase; then we could have used the MM Pathway program and upgraded to the 723 from the 722 for $399.

20. Mom264

Mom264 Approved members

Awesome, Thanks!