- advertisement -

the Pod is alive :-)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by dqmomof3, May 14, 2011.

1. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

We are entering the world of the Podders, and leaving the world of the Tubers behind. Feels a little like moving to another city :). We have fond memories of the first, and we are looking forward to a good life in the second!

Pod world began at 12:07pm :D.

2. taximom

taximom Approved members

Welcome to Pod world!

Good Luck!

3. caspi

caspi Approved members

LOL, welcome to Pod World! :)

4. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Great! A new podder in the hood!!;)

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

So glad you like it! When Jack is older, depending on his insulin needs, I could definitely see using the Pod either part-time or full-time.

6. dqmomof3

Jayden may not use it all the time, either, depending on the circumstances. She likes the idea of being able to disconnect at the beach, pool, etc., and we have plenty of MM supplies, so she may do a bit of back and forth between the two. Her biggest selling point came today...she put on her skinny jeans, and you can barely see the pod. If you weren't looking for it, it wouldn't even catch your attention. Big selling point, LOL!

7. emm142

emm142 Approved members

That's really surprising to me - I've always been a little put off the pod because I imagined it would show through tight clothes.. I wear quite a lot of tight skinny jeans. Where was she wearing the pod? I imagine it would show on the thigh.. even my MM CGM transmitter makes a bit of a lump.

8. dqmomof3

Emma, she has it on her upper buttock area, almost where the tag on the back of a pair of jeans is...just a little below that. It kind of lands between the tag and the pocket, so it hides :).

9. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I'm glad she's found somewhere that works so well (and I won't be so quick to dismiss the pod for myself when time to choose a new pump comes around). :)

10. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

Yay! Welcome to the pod world!

11. alismom

alismom Approved members

Welcome aboard. Allison loves the pod. I remember Jayden is an athlete. Let me know if you have any sports related questions.

12. dqmomof3

Thanks! Jayden's sport du jour is soccer. If you have any pointers for soccer with the pod, I'm all eyes!

13. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

My son plays soccer...wears pods on back of upper arm and on belly. He wears sweat bands or those bands ***** (www.bands4life.net)for arm sites. Never had a problem.

14. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Congrats!!

Glad you posted this. It seems so many people are worried about it being too big and obvious compared to a traditional pump, and then decide against it before trying.

The ones that do try, the size complaints almost always go away. It's helpful for you demonstrate your concerns were taken care of.

And you can always goes back to your old one. I think it's a great, inexpensive backup pump.

15. dqmomof3

I agree, Scott...it's really not so bad in size. Noticeable? Sure, depending on where she wears it, but it's a heck of a lot easier to hide than pump tubing! Jayden has had two days of in-range numbers so far. She likes to bolus with the PDM :).