advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the new pod

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by katerinas, Apr 12, 2012.

1. katerinas

katerinas Approved members

I just received an informative e-mail from Omnipod that said that they are shipping their second generation pods to ypsomed (their distributor in Europe)
    At last! It looks like the second generation is out.

2. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Lucky you!!!:D

Now us folks in the USA will only have to wait another 7-10million years for the FDA to let us get them too... ( slight exaggeration but with the us STILL no where near getting the animas vibe or the mm enlite sensors or the navigator back... it seems the US is on the permanent waiting list )

3. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

We are so envious!! You will have to give us your thoughts when you receive the new pods:)

4. katerinas

We are not using the pod. But I wrote to ypsomed and asked them if I could try one. Also I asked them if it is true that the new pod is out in Europe. I will writte as soon as I hear back from them

5. katerinas

I just got an email from ypsomed They will launch the new pods worldwide this summer. Maybe that means that they will be also launched in the US?

6. swellman

swellman Approved members

That's the rumor.

7. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

A rep told us on Sunday it they were going to start shipping mid June. I'll believe it when I see it.

8. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Last I heard the Pod in the us hadn't had final clearance from the FDA, I bet they need that before they ship here in the US!

9. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Does anyone know or have heard if the new PDM's will use the same strips as the current ones? I've got a decent stockpile of the current ones but if they're going to change (power of positive thinking) soon I don't want to add to it.

10. jessicat

jessicat Approved members

NO pod for us:(

super disppointed... Endo apt today, which went well! (A1C 6.7) and moving forward with doing the pump! BUT we won't be able to get the Omnipod we had a hearts and minds set on(after much research)They say he is still on too low a dose for the omnipod. :( Where to go from here? hmmmmm