- advertisement -

the last test strip blog

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by faneuil, Jul 21, 2011.

1. faneuil

faneuil Approved members

a new blog www.thelaststrip.com

this is the first post:

the first strip..
    ..came to us in October 2007 when our 4 year daughter was diagnosed with Type I diabetes.

As a physician and photographer I?ve always wanted to somehow use my professions to increase the public awareness of diabetes.

With tight control and vigilance, my daughter is living an incredibly normal and healthy life.
    But with 4 years since her diagnosis I realized I am hoping for the cure that will allow me to tell her, ?here is the last strip?.

I?ve created this blog for people to photograph and show the world what life with diabetes (type I and II) is like.
    To start off this project, I ask people to post images of what daily testing is like, and how it affects their lives.

be well,
    Eric

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

That is one crazy organized D drawer.

3. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

where are you seeing a picture of a diabetes drawer? When i click on the link it just says the exact same thing the original post said. I clicked on archives but the only thing there is the July 2011, which takes me back to where I already was.

4. Blue

Blue Approved members

Click on the "photo gallery" button at the bottom of the picture of test strips . . . Kinda hard to see it - it's over the "the first strip" text in the black bar thingy

5. faneuil

faneuil Approved members

thanks! That's the downstairs drawer.
    I will photograph the upstairs "Pump equipment" drawer..
    gear gear everywhere..

cheers,
    Eric

I am reorganizing the blog to make it easy to upload pic:
    www.thelaststrip.com

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  6. faneuil

faneuil Approved members

Just reorganized page design to make it a bit easier to navigate.
    Would love suggestions too.

thanks,
    Eric

7. Blue

Blue Approved members

Much better placement . . .

I have a couple of ideas (as I am strictly a blog reader, not a writer feel free to ignore me if you'd like!)

You might want to include some sort of privacy policy if you want people to put their own pics on there. The "annoying boilerplate" is fine to a point, but there is nothing there that attempts to reassure readers that it is safe to download their images. I know that it would really only be your "word" that it is safe, but even that would be better than nothing . . .

Also an "About Me" page would be nice . . . Make it a little more personal.

8. faneuil

faneuil Approved members

thanks. Suggestions help as the blog is a one day old experiment. I blog elsewhere (see end of this post) and didn't include an 'about me' as I wanted this new blog to be as little about me as possible. I really want this to be a shared photo blog about life with diabetes.

I was concerned about the boilerplate too. I will look into rewording it.
    As a part time professional photographer I am used to contracts and releases, so this territory of public photo blogging is new to me. Suggestions here would help too.

I plan to put a lot more content up soon so there is something to get the gallery started.
    Feel free to submit some images to get it going too.

Cheers & Good numbers!
    Eric

my photo site: www.korenman.com
    my personal blog: www.korenman.com/blog

9. faneuil

faneuil Approved members

also that first "drawer" picture was a really quick snap -- I blurred it on purpose in post edit to mask all the Rx info on bottle and boxes!

I plan to take pictures of gear, pump, needles, sites etc..

Eric