advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Joslin Medalist Study, 2005-2012

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard157, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

The Joslin Medalists are individuals who have received medals for having lived with type 1 diabetes for 50 or more years. These medalists have not only survived, but have avoided most of the more serious diabetes related complications. This group is a natural for a study that would seek the factors that explain the longevity and good health of so many type 1 diabetics in the US. If these factors can be determined then there might be a treatment devised that could help younger diabetics to also have long healthy lives. So the study began in 2005, and is headed by doctors George King and Hilary Keenan at the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston.

This is an introduction to my newest blog (4/28/12). The complete blog is found on my blogsite below:

http://almo0157.blogspot.com/

2. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

I am happy that that JDRF is funding this. It would be good to know the answer.

3. blufickle

blufickle Approved members

On Monday, June 18 I received an email telling me they will be awarding my 25 year certificate this week! What is really great about this program is once you send an application and the required documentation they keep it on file. Once you reach the 50 and 75 year levels, they will automatically send you your medals. So in 3 years, I will be receiving my 50 year medal.

4. ashtensmom

ashtensmom Approved members

That's so wonderful for you! Can I congratulate you early on 50 years of healthy living!!!