- advertisement -

The Hannah Montana episode is FINALLY coming

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by allisa, Oct 26, 2008.

1. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Just checking in after being away from the computer all day....

This is incredible news!!! Praise God! How awesome is this?!!! Thank you all who took the time to write in. I am so thrilled that the episode is not going to air. CWD ROCKS!!! :cwds:

ETA: I just emailed Ms. McTeage thanking her as well. I just told Emma that the episode was being pulled and she said, "YES!!!!".

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  2. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

You guys ROCK!!!! I have been busy and barely had time to keep up with the boards lately, but I have been keeping an eye on this thread all week. WOW! I think it is just wonderful that so many of you made this happen. Zeb's too little to care (and thank goodness my dd is not a fan) but the thought of this really bugged me. I sent a quick email the other day, not as eloquent as some of yours but still. How amazing that this group made such an impact. You should all be really proud.

We will make it a point to watch on Sunday, I'd like to see what they are airing in it's place.

Way to go CWD!!

Robyn

3. jmcole1

jmcole1 Approved members

My dd15 just emailed to thank them for removing the episode. She also inquired about us Verizon subscribers that have the "on demand" feature. Will Disney remove it or do we have to contact Verizon. Hopefully, she will respond in the morning.

JC

4. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

she is getting bombarded with thank yous.. i just send mine too..lol

That is awesome that they are replacing it with an epidsode of the jonas brothers where he focus' on D and a PSA to go with it..

Great intentions Disney... let hope they do an awesome job.

5. jmcole1

jmcole1 Approved members

Yay! My daughter received a response from Patti immediately. She thanked herfor her letter . She stated they have contacted all their "On-Demand" platforms including Verizon. She did say that it can take up to 48 hours for them to remove it though.:D

JC

6. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

WOW!!! That is not the response I thought we were going to get. But how awesome is that? :D:D:D

I emailed Dr. Drexler and let him know. He responded instantly. Seems like a decent guy.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2008
  7. Tweety8

Tweety8 Approved members

OMG, I am just now reading all of these and how they portrayed D in the episode. You guys are all so wonderful for speaking out to Disney! And now it's off the air then?? I am just trying to catch up. I can't believe they had one of the characters diving into a trash can for a half-eaten candy bar?? Anyway... thank you.

8. mikesmom58

mikesmom58 Approved members

I've been away for a few days, so I wasn't even aware what was going on. I haven't seen the episode in question but from reading about it, I know my son would be devastated if he saw it. He is very sensitive to things he sees and hears about T1 and watches Hanna Montana all the time. He is 14 so I don't control his TV viewing as much as a parent of a younger child. I hope he never sees this show. I also hope nobody from his school sees this show. I shudder to think how he would feel if someone came up to him in the hallway at school and called him "sugar boy". Thank you to all the parents who did see it and took a stand against it.

I am very greatful for your efforts and happy that Disney acted upon the complaints.:)

9. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

I wrote my thank you to Patti too (poor girl) :) I basically told her about Emma being HM tonight for halloween and being scared about her being devastated by her idol *gag* calling her a sugarboy a few days later.

And a big thank you to all of you for making this happen!

10. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Tim, that's exactly what they need to hear.

11. zell828

zell828 Approved members

Seriously, they pulled the show???? Wow. That is impressive! Good job everyone! :)