- advertisement -

The Hannah Montana episode is FINALLY coming

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by allisa, Oct 26, 2008.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

well, disney pulled the video's from youtube for copyright. So we have gotten someone's attention. But they're not replying to anyone, so I doubt they're going to even do the right thing.

2. Soccermom

Soccermom Approved members

I just called the Disney Channel (818-560-1000) and asked for the CEO (Rich Ross's) office...they transferred me to a guy who listened to my complaints about the upcoming episode....i think they are listening to the complaints and trying to come up with a solution. BUT we really need to keep up the phone calls, so that they really get the message. He wants to hear specific things that are upsetting about the episode.

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

That's encouraging. I'll call and get some other people to as well.

4. Traci

Traci Approved members

I posted about this on another site that I frequent. Hopefully, getting the word out in advance that this show is full of mis-information will help.

Back several years ago when the soap opera Young and Restless had a character diagnosed with type 1, they had him do a brief little segment after the show that told the symptoms of type 1 and other basic information. Of course, I paid no attention to that at all because it was pre-diagnosis for us--but it does stick in my mind now.

5. frizzyrazzy

called the number
    asked for rich ross's office
    got a nice guy who transferred me to media relations
    a girl there took my name and phone number and a brief description of why I was calling and said someone would DEFINITELY get back to me.

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Just got off the phone with Heather in Media Relations. She said I would get a call back. Let's see...:rolleyes:

7. frizzyrazzy

poor Heather in Media Relations. I hope she knows it's nothing personal. :(
    Heather is going to go home tonight and tell her family about all the crazies calling to complain about Hannah Montana. lol

8. frizzyrazzy

OMG OMG OMG OMG

October 30, 2008

Dear Ms. Campbell,
    Thank you for taking the time to call and write us regarding the previewed episode of "Hannah Montana." We value Disney Channel's reputation as a trusted destination for kids and parents and we are diligent about fulfilling that responsibility.
    During the script writing stage of the 'Hannah Montana' episode in question, the matter of depicting a character with diabetes was reviewed by our Standards and Practices executives who consulted with medical experts to inform the story and ensure that it was told responsibly.
    Notwithstanding the care we took, and based on early feedback from parents, we have removed the episode from this Sunday's schedule and will re-evaluate it. We apologize if you or anyone in your family were offended.
    We applaud you for taking an active role in your children's viewing habits and we appreciate your correspondence.
    Sincerely,

Patti McTeague
    Senior Vice President
    Communications
    Disney Channels Worldwide

9. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CWD ROCKS
    \

Michelle, you are my hero!!! :)

ok, now I want to write a letter to thank them for listening!!!

10. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Outstanding! Way to go!

Wonder if they'll make any changes to it, then air later.

Yay!

11. frizzyrazzy

I'm not sure that they could alter the original episode at all - the whole sugar thing was so much a part of the episode.

unfortunately, the fact that diabetes isn't really that funny (well most days, some days it's a hoot) but it makes it hard to portray on a show that is supposed to be funny.

12. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Did you get the same???
    Ms. Ragan,

Thank you for taking the time to call us regarding the previewed episode of "Hannah Montana." We value Disney Channel's reputation as a trusted destination for kids and parents and we are diligent about fulfilling that responsibility.

During the script writing stage of the 'Hannah Montana' episode in question, the matter of depicting a character with diabetes was reviewed by our Standards and Practices executives who consulted with medical experts to inform the story and ensure that it was told responsibly.

Notwithstanding the care we took, and based on early feedback from parents, we have removed the episode from this Sunday's schedule and will re-evaluate it. We apologize if you or anyone in your family were offended.

We applaud you for taking an active role in your children's viewing habits and we appreciate your correspondence.

Sincerely,

Patti McTeague

Senior Vice President

Communications

Disney Channels Worldwide

13. BozziesMom

They're supposed to be creative. ;) Surely, they could come up with something... ah well.

Right now I'm just happy with the fact it's pulled for now. That's awesome.

14. HBMom

HBMom Approved members

Yeah! I am soooo surprised! Does anyone have Ms. McTeague's email address so we can say THANKS!! (you can pm me if you don't want to post it)

15. musicjunkie

musicjunkie Approved members

16. BozziesMom

Patti.McTeague@disney.com

17. Sarah Maddie's Mom

18. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

19. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Ok... she's really good at her job

My email

Dear Ms. Teague,
    I'm thrilled! Shocked, but thrilled! And so is my 10 year old daughter who has lived with Type 1 Diabetes since she was 4. Thank you! I'm beside myself with happiness!

Sarah Ragan, Maddie's Mom

Her reply, within moments

I hope Maddie can tune in on Sunday -- we plan to air a "Jonas Brothers: Living the Dream" segment that deals with Nick Jonas's management of his diabetes as well as a new PSA on the subject. Thanks again for your note.

20. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

Wow!!!!!!

I've emailed her with great thanks!!! :cwds::cwds: