- advertisement -

The Glucagon Ad

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ianmom, Apr 24, 2010.

1. ianmom

ianmom Approved members

Is it just me, or does the Glucagon ad on this site bother anyone else? I just don't want to see an ad for it :(

I would rather they spent their time, money, and effort on getting a glucopen type device to market. Any news on that?

2. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

I see the ad and know there are many people who do not have a glucagon kit at home. They need to ask their ped endo, or endo, for a prescription and fill it ASAP. I appreciate that the glucagon kit exists.

3. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

I have to agree with Ellen on this one, its a daily reminder for me to go and actually get mine filled. :D Its a sad thing about having d, but I can't just ignore it.

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

It does not bother me at all....I had to use it and was so thankful for it when I had it on hand and my baby was seizing..it is a life saver...
    It is part of type 1 and everyone should have a glucagon emergency kit with them at all times when you are dealing with type 1 especially in kids and babies...Our script was standard when we left the hospital and we immediately got it filled..It goes everywhere Amanda does in her kit with her supplies. And, I am faithful to get it refilled every year when it expires and always have 2 on hand..
    Why does it bother you?

5. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Actually, the advert for the DiaPrevent study bothers me more. Partly because I regret not getting involved in anything like that, and partly because I think studies like that recruit people at their most vulnerable stage - being newly dx'd and hoping so much for a cure - and I felt somewhat sad that newly dx'd people might come here and get so much hope that being in the study could help cure their D, and then find out that it wasn't that at all.. I don't know.

The glucagon advert doesn't bother me at all.. I need to get my script refilled. :eek:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  6. buggle

buggle Approved members

I have a flash blocker installed, so I don't see any of the ads. :)

7. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

It doesn't bother me a bit. I guess I don't understand why it would bother anyone? :confused:

I'm with Ellen, it's a good thing if it helps someone who doesn't have one for their child/know what it is etc.

Then again these days I don't really notice the ads much at all.

8. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Where better to advertise glucagon than CWD? It's a fairly niche market :p

9. Haleysmom2214

Haleysmom2214 Approved members

you know when my daughter was first diagnosed we were never told about it. It ticks me off to this day. So I am glad people can see it who know nothing about it.

10. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I agree.. I wasn't told about it for nearly a year after I was diagnosed (around the time I finally got a correct diagnosis)... I can only imagine that there are many others out there too who aren't aware of it either.

It seems so obvious, but if you don't know, you don't know.

I haven't seen the add though.. I seem to only get the pump ads? Not sure why...

11. ianmom

ianmom Approved members

Of course the ad is a good thing for the people who don't know about it or need a reminder to refill it. On that note, I really am amazed that there are newly diagnosed people that their doctors don't prescribe it to. Hope you all told them!

I think the ad bothers me mostly because I feel really sad/angry being reminded we may need glucagon. Yep, it's one of those irrational things :cwds: