- advertisement -

Thanks Heather (CA) and all the others who gave good advice about rebounds!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tiffanie1717, Oct 30, 2009.

1. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

I am so glad for this site!! I remember reading here about people experiencing rebounds. I hadn't had any problems like that so I read it but didn't have to put it into practice.

Well, that changed.

For about 3 nights Kylie was in the 400s!! at our 11 pm check. In each of the cases I was pretty confident that it wasn't the bolus from the bedtime snack so I figured it must be the basal. I went to up her basal, but decided to do a basal review first. I found that from 8:30-midnight she had the highest basal of all day. Hmm... I thought. Could this be a rebound?

I decided to check it out. I lowered her basal instead of raising it. Guess what?

It worked!!! Her 11 pm # was in the 100s that night and the low 200s the next (we had trick or treating that night, so I wasn't alarmed!).

I NEVER would have known about rebounds if I hadn't learned it here. (My endo's office has never uttered the word "rebound" ever.) THANK YOU ALL for sharing your wisdom and experiences!

2. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Aw, you just made my day...Glad to be of assistance. Give yourself credit too though, that was your gut talking and you did a great job listening!:D

3. shekov

shekov Approved members

Good job Heather and MOM! Wow! for figuring that out!!!

I would have taken me a few days of logging and a lot of testing to figure that out.:eek: