Hi all.... Thank you for thinking of us & checking on our status....thank you Michelle for helping to spread the news. It's tough trying to update so many people. We are home from hospital....came home late Thursday night. He is on a bunch of meds and ordered bed rest for the week. We will go back to cardioligist at the end of the week for another echo & MRI and they will decide then if he can resume school and if/when he may need surgery. He was dxd with Rheumatic Fever AND Lyme disease....'cuase of course...we need the double whammy....not enough having Diabetes....let's REALLY pile it on this sweet nice kid The rheumatic fever has caused moderate damage to his heart valve ( on a scale of Slight-Moderate-Severe) The more I have read, the better I feel about his outcome. It seems that most adults with a heart murmur could probably blame it on Rheumatic Fever from their childhood....it is treatable & may not even need to be treated until later in life. Our cardiologist didn't present the diagnosis well. I typically take health news pretty well...we have obviously had our share in this house....on top of Ty's dibetes, my daughter has a host of health issues ( one of wich was heart defect at birth & we sailed thru surgery & doc appts. etc)....this doctor gave us the news with Ty in the room. So I was pretty careful with my questions to her. If I was alone....I would have been much more blunt and to the point and had my mind at ease...but....she tells us ( with ty right there)....."he has damage...I've never quite seen damage like this" WTF !! I said to her...."this is Childrens...don't you see EVERYTHING ??" She should have said.....THIS IS NOT LIFE THREATENING !! She never said that....just said he MUST be admitted tonite....restricted all his movements.....so I feared this is BAD !! So, needless to say when we go back next week, we will have a different doc...this just wasn't a good fit.....I need someone who will give me FACTS, give me best case & worst case scenarios and have enough tact to NOT tell me shocking news with my son right there. I couldn't send him out in the hall so that I could talk to her...the poor kid was crying & terrified....I didn't have the time to compose myself so that I could be calm for him.....and like I said...I couldn't ask the hard questions....and if I did....I would have gotten answers that would have eased my mind. Anyways....enough on my rant..... We are THRILLED to be home.....we will take it week by week until we know just what needs to be done. Our family & friends couldn't be sweeter....brining food....helping with siblings....they have taken such a burden from me. I will let you know next week what our next step is to be. Thanks again !