- advertisement -

Thank you

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by PAULEEN, Jun 25, 2008.

1. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Hello, I am not a regular poster and fairly new at this. I do read a lot here and have learned so much from all of you, in the the last 3 1/2 months that we have been dx'd. I just want to take a moment to Thank each and every one of you for the information and advise that you have given. Most of the questions that are asked and posts that are started - I could have written. I usually know that if I have a question, it probably has already been asked and I can find the answer. You are all so informative and so understanding - a real jewel to all that are just facing this disease. I am very thankful to have you all as a resource. When we had our first problem with this a month ago, ending up with a bad experience in the ER, I was so upset and so frustrated that I posted here. The words of experience and the kindness that I found with all of you got me through it and helped me to realize that "this too shall pass" and it became a lesson learned. So, from the bottom of my heart I want to say THANK YOU :D to each and every one of you. I will try to post more and hope to get to know you all better. I also hope that in the future - when we are much more experienced at this that I can too help and feel comfortable enough to give advise to others. :rolleyes:

2. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

I know exactly how you feel, I've been there. You are correct, this is a wonderful place.. This place has really helped me as well through some dark times battling this fight..

We are sorry that you had to join our family, but since you did, we are glad that you found us! You can always count on someone here to be there for you..

Also, just wanted to say that you can share your experience with others now.. You don't have to wait till you no more, if you are knowledgeable on a subject, put your opinion in there.. We all think differently and some may not agree with what you say, but that happens.. I don't know even half of the things alot of these people know here, but if I can semi answer a question, or I've experienced it, I will chime in!

Hope to see you posting more! :)

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I totally get what you're saying. The amount of knowledgeable people on this site is amazing. I've learned more here, than with our endos and nurses.
    And the previous person is right...if you feel like you can contribute, even a little, then do so. If someone disagrees, then so be it. They'll post their reasons, you'll learn from them and that's it.
    A very special person once replied to a post of mine with 'We all have a voice.', and that's stuck on my brain.
    I don't remember if I've welcomed you here or not. If not, then I'm glad you're on board and hoping to read your posts.:)

4. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I wouldn't know what I'd do without this place sometimes!
    A majority of us will never meet in person- but I consider us ONE BIG FAMILY.
    That was a very nice compliment, but I have no doubts that you'll be receiving one just like that down the road from another poster.
    I love how open everyone is about what they do and why- some things work for us and other things don't. It isn't right or wrong, it's just another way of doing things. Share your knowledge!
    Welcome to the family Pauline!

5. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Thank you all for the Welcome! Paula, you are so right - 'we all have a voice' a quote that will stick with me now too. I know that if I don't "speak up" I will be losing an opportunity to learn something new, and in time I will feel more comfortable doing that. But right now I am overwhelmed with D and learning how to overcome the fear of the disease for my child's sake that I am content just learning from you all. Thanks again!

6. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

((HUGS)) Pauline. I fell the same as you about this wonderful place!

7. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Welcome Pauline !!! :D

8. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

That was very nice of you to write that. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Welcome.....:cwds:

9. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I feel a huge debt of gratitude to the members of this board as well. I KNOW that Jack would not be as happy and healthy as he is today if it were not for the awesome posters here who are willing to share their experiences. I can't even begin to count all the little tips and tricks I learned on here that I've never read in any book or heard from any medical professional. We (as a whole) are the REAL experts. Doctors are great, and all, but they do not live this 24/7.

So anyway, I'm right there with ya, Pauline. I can't imagine my life without this place!

I'm so glad you found us and that you've become a part of the family!