- advertisement -

Thank You so much CWD!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jellybeanasmommy, Apr 12, 2013.

1. jellybeanasmommy

jellybeanasmommy Approved members

We had our first endo appt yesterday and because of these forums (more specifically the "Things your endo may never tell you" thread) I had a nice list of questions for the endo and I think have a pretty good handle on things. Our appt ended up being only about an hour and a half which the dr said was actually pretty short, especially for a first visit. She emailed me later in the evening and said she was very impressed with how we were handling things and that we seemed to be coping remarkably well. She also was quite impressed with my tech skills because I am using a google doc to track my DD's BG readings so I can just share the spreadsheet with the dr through email instead of having to type everything out every week. She asked if I could change the formatting and seemed to be totally blown away that I could do that, lol. It amazes me sometimes how LITTLE people truly know about the capabilities of technology.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to this community for helping me feel more informed as a parent of a newly diagnosed kid with diabetes. We CAN do this!

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

Good job! :)

3. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Glad my thread was helpful to you.

4. KylorsMom

KylorsMom Approved members

So speaking as one of those technically challenged ;) Did you create the doc or find one and modify it? Were just about to hit our 1 month mark and the log book they gave us is fine but we would love to use something we can mdify ourselves

5. Lightly Salted

Lightly Salted Approved members

Yes, very curious about your google doc log! What a great idea! Any chance you can share here?

Glad your appt went well!

6. jellybeanasmommy

I created the spreadsheet myself. If you'd like I could make a template and share the link with you so you can copy it. :D

Edited to Add: I also did not mean my previous statement about people not understanding the scope of technology to be in any way derogatory. Tech stuff comes easily to me, so it's more of a shock to me that people don't know the things that I know when it comes to stuff that, to me, seems simple and common.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  7. dzirbel

dzirbel Approved members

It sounds like you guys are doing great. It is such a change in "normal" activity and you seem like you are handling it quite well. It will have it's ups and downs but really you have to take them in stride, look at the big picture and move forward. It's great you are starting out very organized because there is SO MUCH "stuff" to keep track of and store!!

8. Lightly Salted

I would love to copy it, if you don't mind!

9. jellybeanasmommy

Sorry it took so long to get back to this. I have been working on tweaking the spreadsheet so that it is the most helpful. If you'd like to check it out please visit:Blood Glucose Log- Public

All information is included in the spreadsheet to set it up for personalized logging. If you decide to try it out and need help setting it up please contact me at the email address provided on the spreadsheet.

10. Lightly Salted

Thanks! :D