- advertisement -

Testing siblings

Discussion in 'Celiac' started by Paula+four, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Paula+four

Paula+four Approved members

I have two children with celiac and one who does not. We've been advised to have the negative child retested every two years. The first two years just passed and she's still negative though her TTG levels are higher which makes me a little nervous. So I'm going to ask, how often do you have siblings tested? Thank you for sharing this with me.

2. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

I only have two children and both are already dx celiac so I am not much of a help but I would probably keep repeating the test every two years as per doctors recommendation.

3. Paula+four

Paula+four Approved members

I asked the endo what she thought and she says she wouldn't wait more than a year to retest her. The pediatric gastro is the doctor who said not to worry and to just test her again in two years. I am thinking of following the endo's advice especially since the blood tests don't bother my daughter. She doesn't have any symptoms but then again my son had none and my other daughter's were very subtle.

4. lisamustac

lisamustac Approved members

If the test doesn't bother her then do it every year. Better playing it on the side of caution. My ds was the only one with symptoms. Both my dd and myself had not one symptom so if it doesn't bother her to be tested every year then go with it.